Chapter 6

Trigger Warning: S3lf H4rm

IF this scene makes you uncomfortable you can skip it, I will tell when the scene begins and ends. Skipping the scene doesn't have an impact on the enjoyment of the rest of the story.

2024 EDIT: Hey lovelies it is so strange to work on this when it has been 3 years since I started this fic. As stated somewhere in this fic I'm working on chapter 6 & 7 to make all the grammar and vocab line up. All the scenes are the same as before with minor changes and much better grammar/wording. ~ Loves Gwibby

...

Half an hour has passed and Denki's phone died. He could of course recharge his phone but being brain dead at his own party was not his goal so he left the phone uncharged. Plus the blonde had other, far more important and exciting things to think about, he had waited so long for this party. He took one last glance at his decorated cinema room before his eyes landed on the door. Joy filled his eyes, he stood up and rushed through the door, struggling not to stumble over his own feet. Outside he looked around first to his left, okay no one there, maybe his right? Again no one.

Okay well maybe they're just running late Denki tried to convince himself, hoping old memories wouldn't try to sneak in his brain. So he sat down and waited. It began with 5 minutes, that slowly turned into 10 minutes, and then 15 minutes, later 20 minutes. 30 minutes, it has been 30 minutes and still there was no one on the street looking remotely like his friend group.

And there began the memories, prickling into his mind, slowly all his forgotten and missed birthdays with the stupid excuses his old "friends" made. He felt stupid. No rather he is stupid, thinking that his stupid friends would come to his stupid party where he had stupidly spent all his money he earned from his stupid job.

Some things just never change

It was honestly a laughable situation, so that was what the birthday boy did. He laughed and laughed and his laugh slowly turned into tears. He was sobbing. Crying and hiccuping on the hard concrete stairs in front of the cinema where he should be enjoying his party. The tiny little voice he oh so tried to avoid began to talk.

Did you really think that ANYONE would show up to this pathetic party? Did you honestly think anyone would like you? Nothing will change Denki. Everyone has and always will hate you.

Deep down Denki already knew this, everything the little voice said, and the only thing he could do was cry. He cried till he wasn't able to make anymore tears. He calmed down, sort of, enough for him to stop crying.

He didn't wait any longer for his "friends". He stood and walked. Head down, ignoring any look anyone had given him and walked in the room. A whole cinema room, one boy and a lot of fucking decorations, that he immediately ripped of the ceiling. Any and all decorations got pulled, ripped, destroyed and thrown in an overflowing garbage bin.

In 12 minutes all the decorations were removed. Denki layed down on the ground with a blank expression on his face, staring at the ceiling. 2 employees have watched him from outside. They didn't know what they could do, they were just hired to put on the movie and then they saw someone throw away all the decorations he hung up so excited 2 hours ago. The blond layed on the ground for who knows how long till he got up, left the room, left the building, and headed to a bus station.

--

When he walked in the common room, he didn't know what to expect. He kind of hoped it would be empty. But what he certainly didn't expect was his "friend group" having a good time not even noticing their blond haired "friend" enter the room. The group sat on either the couch or the ground with happy smiles on their faces, they were playing mario kart on his Nintendo Switch with his controllers, but definitely not with him. It reminded him that there were always only 4 controllers, but 5 people, 1 always without one. And it has always been Denki even if the whole game was his.