Chapter 5

Denki still had a lot to prepare for his birthday after school. He wanted to make it more than simply the movies, so he reserved an entire room, which means that just he and the Bakusquad will be present. He knew it would be expensive, but that was fine since he was doing it for his friends and had been looking forward to this day for such a long time.

He went to the movies and explained his plan with the manager, who agreed. He had a complete room to himself for the rest of the day and could decorate it however he pleased.

He had decorated the room with the birthday decorations he had purchased. Decorating wasn't the most difficult job for him, given that he does it practically every day at work, but it was nonetheless admirable. He enjoyed how the large ribbons hung from the ceiling and curled up. How the balloons were packed to the brim, causing them to float high and scratch the ceiling.

It looked fantastic, and he had everything in the room set up two hours before the movie started. Denki was not the only one who was amazed with his job; many workers saw the teenager as he brilliantly adorned the room. One had even contacted the manager to take a look at the incredible work the blonde had done.

Eventually, the manager decided to enter the theater room and speak with the teenager. Denki waved hello to the manager with a bright smile as he spotted him. "Wow! It looks beautiful here, I love it. You have excellent decorating skills! I do have a question about decorating, would you be interested in organizing a party in the room next to yours? The person who regularly performs it became ill and was unable to report to work. I'll pay you $50.00 for it!" The movie theater manager stated.

"Of course! I still have time left so I would love to do it. Do you have the stuff or should I sprint to the party shop?" Kaminari asked.

"We still require some garlands, I suppose. It's for a guy and his ten friends, who are all about the age of 10, they hired the movie Sonic the Hedgehog. I don't know any more about them. I'll give you $50 to use on decorations."

"Okay, that'll do."

The blonde hurried into the store in search of accessories. He spotted a cardboard statue of Sonic the Hedgehog, some blue garlands, and blue food coloring, all of which cost around the $30. He quickly retreated to the theater after paying.

Their purchase of food to eat in the theater together with their reservation gave Kaminari an endearing idea. Before the mais started to pop, he covered them with the blue food coloring he had bought. Making the popcorn dyed in a vibrant blue to match the blue raspberry flavored slushies that they also purchased. He even found a printer in the corner of the room. He linked his phone in it, and printed out the movie's main characters. When he got the popcorn boxes, he attached the characters to them, giving the boxes more character.

The teen then began decorating after grabbing the remaining decorations he had purchased. He began by providing the cardboard statue a backing so it wouldn't topple over. After that, he moves the cardboard in the room's corner with care. He playfully spread the blue garlands throughout the area. Just in time, two people entered the space to set the food and beverages on the empty table so that guests could get their drinks and snacks before the movie started.

The manager walked in and noticed the lovely blue decorations all over the room. He then turned to look at the blonde and grinned. The manager kept thanking him and gave him the amount he had promised.

"You only need to give me $30 because I still have the 20-dollar change." The manager stopped Kaminari when he reached into his pockets to take the change. "No problem, you may keep the $20; you did a fantastic job. Could I possibly have your phone number for when my person gets sick again?

"Yeah sure here!" Kaminari handed him a piece of paper including his name, phone number, and a schedule for when he needs to go to school. He was led to his own movie room after the manager once more praised him. And before leaving, he gave Denki one more smile.

Kaminari looked at the time and realized he still had about half an hour till his friends arrived. With that knowledge, he began playing video games on his phone.

779 words

---

Not a big chapter if I say so myself. But the next chapter is going to pass the 1500 words mark so I didn't want to make this one a long chapter.