Chapter 7: the end

Hello! this will be the ending chapter, I hope this chapter will comfort you after the angst (oops) from the last chapter. If you want to read the alternative (full on angst) ending instead you can go to "chapter 8: The end ALTERNATIVE".

2024 NOTE: This chapter has been fixed because the grammar sucked on a next level of suckiness and I couldn't bear the thought of the most grammarly incorrect chapter being the ending.

...

Denki opened his eyes, or in better words, tried to open his eyes. The bright white light above him blinded his eyes, he blinked multiple times to make his eyes focus. Then it hit him, he's in the nurse's office. The blond glanced hurriedly around the room, first he spotted the sweet old lady on her laptop, not noticing he was awake, and for once he was glad many don't notice him. The relaxation that recovery girl hadn't noticed him soon vanished when he looked the other way and saw his purple haired friend sleeping in the chair against the wall. His eyes were puffy and red, when you looked closely you saw dried up tears on his cheek.

Did he cry? Why would he cry? ... wait. Denki looked at his forearm which was now wrapped in bandages and all alarm bells went off. The only thing he could think of was getting away, and fast. He saw it, Shinso saw it.

"Fuck" Denki quietly mumbled, trying to sit up. His hand hurt like a bitch and not eating and the lack of sleep didn't help with the amount of strength he had left to push himself up from the bed.

"Don't do that." Recovery girl said still focused on her laptop

How did you know i was awake, I didn't move an inch"

"I heard you mumble, now don't move. You were exhausted when you arrived"

"Well I feel fine, amazing actually" The blond tried to sit up again, which failed but recovery girl didn't need to know that. The raised eyebrow she gave him signaled that she already knew.

"Can I just go to the dorms?" Denki half whined.

"You can go, let me wake up your boyfriend first" She stood up and walked to Hitoshi who was still sleeping in the chair.

"What no you totally shouldn't wake up my boyf- wait no, he isn't my boyfriend what do you mean, you totally misunderstood me, we are just friends you know like totally buddies and all that." Denki rambled while his cheek flushed more and more after every sentence he said.

"Yeah sure, I totally believe that." Recovery girl tapped the purple haired shoulder, Shinso slowly opened his eyes and vaguely looking around the room. When he spotted the blond in front of him who attempted to sit up again (and failed) the worry filled his eyes, making them widen. He stood up instantly and rushed over to the hospital bed, embracing the blond in his arm whilst unconsciously helping him sit up in the bed.

"I was so worried and you didn't wake up for like 4 hours and your eyes were red and puffy, and you told me you stopped, why did you do it again?" Shinso rambled, never letting Denki go from his grip.

"I am so sorry Shinso, I tried and it just"

"..."

"Please forgive me" The blond almost silently whispered, hiding further into Shinso's shirt.

"I will forgive you if you promise me you won't do it again" Shinso whispered back, tightening his hug. "I won't, I promise" Denki whispered, relaxing his body against Shinso whilst slowly dozing off.

"I will take him, thank you for healing his arm." Shinso said. Recovery girl just nodded and went back to work. After that Shinso picked the sleeping blond up, letting his head rest in his neck, which made him feel the warm breath of Denki getting blown on his neck.

It wasn't something that was uncommon to see at UA high. A boy carrying another boy, it had happened many times, after battles or when an experiment went wrong. It happening multiple times didn't stop people from staring, especially when there hasn't been a fight, and when the boy carrying the other hates the class the sleeping boy was in. Shinso ignored those who stared or whispered, his focus was all on getting the other boy to the dorms as fast as possible.

So he ignored the stares in the hallway, and those in his common room and went straight to his dorm room, quietly closing his door. He slowly laid his Denki on his bed, quietly making his way to the bathroom. As soon as Denki touched the bed, he shifted his hands subconsciously looking for something, something that was missing. He missed Shinso's arms wrapped tightly around his body, his breath tickling in his neck, his hair brushing over his face. He missed Shinso.

The purple haired boy walked out of the bathroom with a different shirt on, and quietly sat at the end of the bed admiring the blond sleeping (NOT in a creepy way). When the realization hit Shinso that he was indeed staring at the blond he quickly looked at the ground, his cheeks flushing a pretty shade of red.

So when Denki woke up seeing his blushing Shinso looking at the ground, he chuckled. Which didn't go unnoticed by Shinso, he flinched and his head turned to Denki a little too quickly. And when he saw his beautiful boyfriend smiling, he couldn't hold back. Hitoshi hugged the blond ones again, slowly feeling Denki relax in his embrace and hug him back. Denki squeezed Shinso and smiled his brightest smile when their eyes met.

After a while Hitoshi's eyes closed a bit more every time he blinked, and his body relaxed in the arms of his boyfriend, where he felt safe. The blond was the only one who could make him feel so secure and relaxed, falling asleep around him was the easiest thing in the world.

Kaminari drifted off bit by bit, both boys falling backwards on Shinso's back, never losing each other's grip.

Denki didn't think about his awful birthday, The nightmares never came, nor did the dreams. He just slept, not caring what tomorrow would bring. Maybe tomorrow will be a terrible day, maybe tomorrow will be a wonderful day, it all didn't matter. The only thing that mattered to the sleeping boys was each other.

Nothing could block the way when they were together.

...

2024 NOTE: As you have probably noticed, this is an open ending, I have always kind of loved this ending, so I decided to not write any more chapters after this. If you would like to read an alternative (angst) ending you can read that in "chapter 8: The end ALTERNATIVE". All my love to my readers and supporters, I love you lots <3

~Loves Gwibby

...

1146 words