35. The First Meet

Start from the beginning

"Before you guys make my girlfriend believe that she entered a mental asylum rather than my home, I would like to give her a tour and we will rest a little. After then you can talk to her as much as you want to", Rian said and held my hands.

We started moving down the hallways as he showed me different rooms and shared cute little stories of his childhood making me giggle.

"You know after that my nanny followed me in the whole mansion and then I successfully hid in this room and somehow locked myself in. Noone could find me for hours and then I started crying", he told me as he closed the door of the room.

We moved towards another door. He opened it and the world of art blessed my eyes. Paintings on the walls and canvases. Some of it is hidden behind white sheets. The smell of colours. I went towards the wall as a painting caught my eyes. It was the scenery of Switzerland which captured the essence of the moment beautifully in itself. There was a bridge and a girl in black coat stood there holding a coffee in her hand looking at the river passing below. I looked closer and suddenly a memory hit me.

Switzerland, 2018

I came here to escape from the trauma I went through last year. However hard I try, I can never get out of the thought of it. The feeling of disgust always crawled upon me and nothing helped me, so I came here, trying to find some peace and solace. The feeling of ending my life in this new country where noone knew me tempted me. Living for the next day when I had no idea what to expect from it, made me want to die.

This was my first time travelling alone in a foreign territory. Even though my brothers know my location and have taken care of my safety, the feeling of terror does not leave my body for once as the incident of that day keeps on repeating itself in my mind. I try to shake off the thoughts and move on.

I took a cup of coffee and started roaming around a little, observing strangers, couples, travellers and everyone around. Some people looked happy while some looked sad and disheartened, just like me. It felt good to see couples in love and people happy with their life and smiling and hoping for the next morning but it hurt seeing people who did not even have a hint of hope and expectations for a better tomorrow. Those were people like me.

Suddenly, someone collided with me and my attention went to the person. I looked up and saw him composing his clothes properly and trying to remove the sprinkles of the coffee which got on his jacket.

"I am sorry, wait lemme help", I offered as I took out a handkerchief from my pocket and tried to help him but he respectfully stopped my hands.

"It's okay, I will do it by myself"

"Sometimes you can rely on others for help", words left my mouth without realising and I started to clean the stains.

"Thank You", he said and then moved forward.

I moved towards the Chapel Bridge and stood there for sometime, drinking coffee and looking at the river. After a few minutes someone came and stood beside me. I looked up and saw the same guy from earlier standing there. I couldn't figure out his face because of the muffler and beanie he wore but his baby blue eyes captured my attention.

"Sometimes things can be hard to let go but your choices are always for you to make. Either you choose to live life with happiness and light or you wanna indulge yourself in the darkness of the past and ruin your future, it's your choice", he said and his words triggered something in me.

"Why do you think I have some problem with my life and my past is the reason for it?" I asked him with surprise. How can a stranger read me like an open book?

"Huh, well a teenager roaming aimlessly in the streets of an unknown country observing people around her. Pale face, hopeless posture and sad eyes. Smiling after seeing happy people around but then remembering something sad as soon as eyes fall on a not so happy person. Hopelessness radiating from the features. Want to know more?"

My mouth hung open and I couldn't decipher a response. I looked straight again.

"Remember what I said. You choose the life for yourself", with that he left from there and his words kept echoing in my ears.

You choose a life for yourself

Present

I turned around and looked at Rian going through some other paintings.

"It was You", the words came out of my mouth with tears.

He turned towards me and looked at me with confused expressions.

"What happened, Dove?" he rushed towards me and cupped my cheeks.

"It was you in Switzerland. You told me to choose a life for myself. You were the baby blue eyed stranger. All along it was you", I told him and his eyes moved towards the painting. Recognition reflected in his eyes and looked back at me.

"You were the coffee girl?", he asked and I nodded.

"You went there to escape your past", I nodded again.

He hugged me tightly.

"I am so happy we met again. It was you all along. You were the only girl in my entire life to capture my attention and heart. Not once but twice, without me knowing. And now the heart knows its only owner", he whispered in my hair and I felt a sense of happiness erupt in my chest.

"Thank You, Rian. I couldn't say it back then but you were the reason why I chose this life. That day I probably would have ended mys—", a finger shushed me before I could finish.

"Never say it again or even think of it. My existence can't cope up if anything happens to you", he said and touched our foreheads together.

"I love you, Rian"
"I love you more, Dove"

He never just replied to my I love you. He meant it when he said he loved me more.

After that he showed me some of his other paintings and then we finally went to his room. The room was nothing like the one in his penthouse. This one was in beige and black colour which looked magnificent. We freshened up one after another and then relaxed a little.

"I am looking forward to dinner. I never thought my nervousness would go away so easily after meeting them. Today I know where you get this gentleman attitude from", I said as I sat in his lap.

"Only for you, Dove. Only for you", he said and pecked my lips.

"I can turn a beast too, only for you"

****************************************

Pehle bhi main, Tumse mila hun
Pehli dafa hi, milke laga hai
Tune chua jakhmo ko mere
Marham marham dil pe laga
Pagal pagal hai thore
Badal badal hai dono
Khulke barse bheege aa zara

Follow me on instagram for spoilers, reels and announcements