Chapter 4

The first thing I hear once I start to regain consciousness is my uncle talking to me in my unconscious state. "Hey Violet. I really need you to wake up now. I am truly ready to throttle you. I get you have not been fighting for a long time. But you should know better than to drain yourself like that. It's been almost six weeks since you fainted. The doctor who came put you in a magically induced coma. She said you will wake when your mind and body is completely ready.  Speaking of the doctor that came to check you out. She also said that the stress put on your body so early in the process caused you to faint as well. I asked her what she could mean by that and she responded by saying something shocking. Her eyes widened and she muttered something about your hCG levels. I have no idea what that means. But she wishes to talk to you when you wake. Whane is worried sick. Please wake up."

     After hearing the thing about my hormone levels my heart beat picked up and I tried getting up. But the only thing that would happen is my fingers twitching and me fighting to open my eyes. When I finally was able to open my eyes the only thing that came out of my mouth was a gasp. The whole time the doctor was in my room passed in a blur. The only thing that she said that mattered was that I am pregnant. That I had conceived the night before the fight. It did not make sense to me. You normally can't catch the pregnancy this early. They only caught it this time because of the blood test.

    I am shell shocked. I got pregnant the night I lost my virginity. Oh god Uncle Mark is going to kill me. I am sitting on my bed with my hands wrapped around my abdomen with mixed emotions fluttering around my whole body. I have a tiny human in here. I have to tell Whane. My eyes widen as I think about even bringing up the word pregnancy to that man. I sit back and think about everything that makes Whane well Whane. God would he even want the kid? Damn it Violet!

Look at the bullshit you keep getting yourself into. I slowly get out of bed and head to the shower. I text Whane to let him know I am awake and to meet me at my favorite tea shop in the Winter region. It's not far from here. About forty five minutes at most outside the Summer region. But since the Summer region is the biggest region it will take at least an hour to get out of the region. The toadstool and frog feet tea shop has legendary hot cocoa. And I am currently craving hot cocoa. It gives me time to think about how I am going to approach this situation. I told whane I would curse him if he even walked 100 feet within the parameter of my room. I placed a shield to detect anything outside my door as well. I get out of the shower and stare at my face that usually has a glowing honey shimmer; but now it looks like I expired three weeks ago.

    This is stressing me out. I pace around my bathroom hoping to be able to get my life before starting to head out to the toadstool and frog feet tea shop. I take a deep breath and toss my towel and head over to my closet groaning. I decided on a pair of insulated black joggers and a pale blue long sleeved cropped shirt. I throw on a pair of black slip ons. I run a brush through my hair and throw it into a high pony. I stare at myself just wondering what am I going to do with a baby? I sigh and grab my jacket and keys and head out the door.

      As I pull up to the tea shop I see Whane sitting in the window with a troubled look on his face. I grab the paperwork that the doctor left on my bedside table and head inside the shop. I head over to Whane and the moment our eyes meet my heart drops. What if this is the moment I lose him? My love. My beautiful hazel eyes beauty. I clutch the papers in my hand harder and peck his lips before sitting in the chair in front of him. "Before I tell you what I am about to say I just want to let you know that I love you. And no matter the outcome of this conversation that will never change." I watch his eyes go wide and the blush covers his face once he hears that I love him. He nods letting me know to continue with the conversation.

    "Whane the doctor who came over to check on me told me some interesting information. Whane my hCG levels are higher than normal. This information means that I am with child." I sit and watch the lightbulbs click on and the wheels turn over the information it just received. Then his mouth drops. I grab my jacket and prepare to leave when Whane grabs my hand and pulls me to him. He cradles me like I am a fragile piece of glass and he sniffles then whispers in my ear. "I will love this baby as much as I love you. Maybe more." After hearing that I relax into his arms and allow him to drag me back to the boat and push me in. "Head home V. I will be right behind you."

     As I arrive home I see my uncle standing there looking at me with a tight scowl on his face. Damn he must have found out. I rest my hand on my stomach hoping to be able to settle it before getting out of the boat. As soon as I step on the land someone flies and lands directly in front of me. I automatically get into a defensive stance. The figure is covered in black silk flowing behind them and covering their face. I hear my uncle quickly inhale and run into the house. I look at the figure again and cock my head. This energy. I know it from somewhere. I gasp as the realization hits me. The Unofficials are in front of my house. I feel the wings rip through my back as an automatic response to intense danger.

   "Ah, so you remember who I am and what I represent." I snarl at him and I let the raw power flow through my body at a relentless pace. "You killed my parents! You took my family away from me!" His eyes that are staring at me seem amused with the whole situation. I snarl again waiting for his move. "Well this is amusing. Your father should have known what would happen when he passed this law. And then had this pathetic excuse of a successor." He knelt down in front of me and tilted his head as if he was inspecting me.

"Hand over the throne wretched child." I knelt down ready to lunge and growled over my dead body. He shrugged and turned his back to me. "As you wish." He turned with a flourish and started to quickly fade. I screamed out of complete anger watching it happen. "Come back and fight me you coward!" His eyes turned to me as the last of him faded. "Soon." I crumbled to the ground feeling the emotions of hatred and grief fill my body. I scream out with tears streaming down my face. I wrap my arms around my stomach and start to sober quickly. I look up at the sky with eyes filled with hatred and determination. This will end. Wait until I get my hands on you Chief Jagar. I will dance in your blood and cheer at your agony. You will die at my hands.