25

Vanessa had agreed to explain it when she had gotten back home, meaning she wanted you to forget about it all throughout your shift. How could you? How did she expect you to? You were almost red with anger as she drove down the road pacing around. Her hand tapped on the steering wheel, she was more than nervous.

She knew that you knew what was going on to an extent. You hadn't told her about the vision. If it was even a vision even if the vision wasn't true, you still knew that yellow rabbit, was there the entire time when all those children disappeared. You were so mad, you couldn't even explain how mad you were, how disgusted you were. She hadn't been completely honest with you and you believed that white lies were okay, but this was more than a white lie. It's started to dawn on you that she could've been involved in these matters,. You didn't know why, you didn't know how, part of you didn't even want to know, but you weren't letting her get away with this once more.

Once your shift was over, she pulled her car up to her house. You still had about half an hour to be honest, but she could tell you were getting impatient and that you just wanted the truth. The whole time, her eyes filled with tears and it was too obvious to hide that there was something else going on. You knew that she knew something vital. As soon as you both got inside the house, she almost broke down immediately. To try to comfort her, you said, "I'm not going to tell anyone," you gulped, "I just want to know the truth."

"That's not the point," she replied. "I've done so many things that have been morally wrong and legally wrong. I don't know what to do."

"I'm not going to judge you for anything in your past. I just want to know I'm not going crazy," you paused. "Do you know who killed them?" You asked with a shaky voice slowly connecting the dots, you remember in a conversation before that Vanessa said that unless someone quits, the same person will wear the same suit at Freddy's so that they embrace the character better. With that logic and everything combined, it was quite suspicious.

"Yes." Her voice was very unstable as she spoke again. "William Afton, that's his name. I am his daughter."

Did you-? Did you ever help him?" You questioned, still standing in her doorway as you heard the news. You tried to act as if you weren't shocked, that you didn't feel that little bit betrayed.

"No! Of course I didn't!" She said very defensively, you could tell she had some part in it by the way she sounded so offended. You knew she wouldn't tell you. Probably because if she admitted that, then she would be admitting to a crime. "The- the most he would tell me was his targets, he'd get me to drive them away from their parents so he could lead them into a room-."

"The kids said that... that if I had stayed... I would be the one dead. Not Fritz, is that true?" You asked, tears welling up at the thought of this other innocent child being murdered just because he was unable to kill you.

"I'm sorry-." She said, confirming your suspicion and the kid's words. You left her house after throwing her jacket and the picture at the door, deciding to walk back to the police station. Right now, you were just angry at everyone and everything.