5

As you were getting changed into something comfortable, your shift had just finished and this was a typical thing you to do, the phone on your table rang. Sighing, hoping it wasn't your boss, you picked up. "Hello?" You questioned.

"Hi- erm, it's Mike." The other person on the phone said, you heard the worried tone in is his voice. You smiled, realising this probably was not another shift. "Look, I'm really sorry about this- can you cover my shift at Freddy's, Abby's really ill and I feel like Ill get fired if the careers agency knew."

"Yeah of course, how many nights?" You asked, trying not to seem too disappointed as you looked through your bedroom drawer for something comfortable to wear that was somewhat smart, just in case someone came in. finally you found something.

"Just one, I think, she should be able to stay with the babysitter tomorrow but tonight, I don't feel comfortable leaving her."

"No its fine! I understand, the shift starts at 12, correct?" You asked, looking at the clock, you had two hours, which wasn't too bad, it was enough to eat something, get ready and still have some spare time. After all, it did only take twenty minutes to get there from your house.

"Yes, finishes at six. Thank you so much." You smiled as the phone call ended. Of course, his sister being sick was a very valid reason to be off work but you didn't know what his boss was like, plus that seemed like his only job, his only income, the least you could do was help him out.

You had only been here with other people, like Vanessa when you had gone to visit Mike. Standing outside, a bag slung over your shoulder, you were more than worried, terrified even. You knew nothing bad could happen, this place had been abandoned for years, but the aura was disturbing, you felt as if someone was here, watching you but you knew they weren't. That would be impossible.

You had come up to the gate, to your surprise, it was left unlocked, you were confused, Vanessa was yelling at Mike the other day to lock up, and you could almost guarantee that he had from that point on because she practically dangled a criminal record in front of him. You shook your head to yourself, gathering that he must have had a bad day or something, you don't know who else could have been there, you decided to remind him when you gave the keys back to him.

Walking through the door, you thought that the memories would come back, you visited this place in one of the last weeks open for a birthday party. However, walking in now, it felt like a completely different place from what you remember. The light above you flickered, trying to turn on, but failed to, probably due to the decades of it being there.

Nothing alarmed you, not specifically anyway. The atmosphere made you on edge, it made you feel as if you weren't supposed to be there, as if the air was whispering in your ear to just turn around and leave this place forever with not even a thought of coming back. You shook off your silly voice in your head as you entered the security office and sat down, a hefty sigh escaping as you looked at the cameras, the same as the other day.

Looking around the room, nothing was out of the ordinary, it was exactly the same. A small crash came from the other room, you jumped, not expecting anything other than silence. Looking at the camera, a speaker had knocked over, the same one that had knocked over before as you were walking out the first time you had visited, you saw the curtain move this time. Was someone behind that curtain?

Your heart rate had started to increase as you looked away from the curtains, convinced you were being messed with or you were so sleep deprived, hallucination had started to kick in. After a few seconds, you turned back and the curtain was open... and Foxy was no longer there. You closed the door, absolutely terrified but feeling too stuck to leave now. You pulled out a small chocolate bar out of your backpack and started to eat it slowly, hoping Foxy had been removed and this was all a dream.

As you finished eating, the lights started to flicker at the same time as your hands trembled uncontrollably. The sound of mechanical steps echoed through the halls as you stayed as quiet as you could in your seat. "I can see you." What sounded like a small child called out, you turned around and your shoulders dropped in surprise.

A small child, as you had suspected, stood in front of you. You recognised him a little too much but you couldn't put your finger on why. His red hair stood out to you, you hadn't known very redheads in your life time. His head cocked, realising you seemed so relaxed about this situation, he knew your face too, he didn't know where from. He planned to try to make you leave, the others didn't like you very much for some reason, they didn't trust you. 

"Who are you." You had whispered, the boy didn't reply as you leant closer. You hadn't even considered the fact that a random child somehow just spawned in your room and you had no idea how he got in here with the door closed. "I know you." You had whispered, your eyebrows furrowing to look at the boy. Within a flash, he was gone. You had grown tired, thinking it was all a hallucination, you lay on your desk, falling asleep almost minutes after.