Chapter One (Rewritten)

* * * 

FOURTEEN HOURS LATER

Sage hadn't found herself this wound up or sore in a very long time, post-pregnancy, sure—Perhaps when she trained the Rogues she would need a long soak in a salt bath, and the idea of the warm water felt utterly beautiful at a time like now.

But her limbs felt heavy, too heavy.

Remmy?

She called out, hoping to tell him to just ready the tub and carry her in. The She-wolf wouldn't admit to this to herself or out loud, but she certainly liked it when her mate would pick her up so easily. It made her wolf feel well cared for and made him look strong and readily available to protect and nurture her needs.

With no reply, she demanded an eye to open. If not a bath then she could certainly enjoy a cuddle session with a pup nearby, couldn't she?

Rue Rue.

After a second or two, there had been no yipping or babbles coming from any side of her—Which truly gave her the determination to fight off the soreness, and roused her eyes awake. And goddess forbid that she caught sight of the one thing that aroused pure adrenalin in her body.

If it wasn't for the lack of smell and muffled sounds, she surely would've recognized where she was.

The Underground.

Had all that been a dream? Was her life in Crescent Moon just a figment of her imagination? Because one thing was for certain--Sage was certain she is back in the Underground.

Attempting the mantras that were prescribed by both her Delta and magical mentors, she calmed and relaxed her body. Or would've, had a needle not been injected into her arm.

Peeking through she caught that it wasn't just a draw, it was a straight tube.

Were they bleeding her out?
Was the Bad Vampire Man here?
Are the pups okay?
Where is everyone?

The questions came like rocket fire in her head, and the only verbal response she could muster was a few jumbled words.

"Patient is waking up, ready the sedative and 005C." A voice sounded out, a feminine one to be exact. Sage opened her eyes, her head bobbing to the other side in an attempt to see the room in a much clearer light. However, the male with the clipboard that once intimated her did nothing more than make her smirk.

"Subject has patterned markings on her shoulder down. Did we scan it?"
"Yes, sir."
"And? Did the files come up with anything?" It had been a negative, given that the history of Crescent Moon and all packs alike have been safely gaurded for this very reason. But Sage was utterly thankful that she could see physical proof that her escape hadn't just been a fruitful dream. 

That everything she had fought through since the time she met Luke and Liam in the Underground hadn't been a lie. Speaking of the damned facility, the Underground could pretend as much as they wanted that they were managing better than before, it would truly not withstand the level of hatred they were starting to gain from every race in the supernatural world.
It was simply too much for them to explore and understand.

So when Sage's eyes flickered around the room, she tried to relax once more. She didn't need Darius yet, though he would've been helpful right about now. Even if it was to give her a few calming words of warning.
Yet on the other end of the spectrum, Sage was confident that she could figure out her own way through this.

Considering she's done it all before.

The last thing her mind was aware of prior to being strapped down in this chair, was the Dinner's bathroom. Surely they assumed her to be a wolf—If she played it smart then sure enough, they'll believe her to be just a wolf. Not a hybrid.

Lacking Humanity|Half Crescentजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें