𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗- 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 (𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝)

April's apartment
Atlanta Georgia, 10:45 pm
Omniscient

Getting home from dinner had april's mind twisted with daniel floating throughout, she was interested in him but didn't want to lose focus on her own growth.

Letting someone in romantically was something she knew she wasn't ready for, on top of her new paranoia and her low trust she still had mental drainage from a previous relationship.

She regretfully spent two years of her college life giving her all with nothing in return. No affection wasn't given with being out of guilt or manipulation along with negative verbal comments.

He broke down the self love and confidence she had for herself whenever he would compare her to every girl he found attractive, "don't nobody else want you but me" mental stuck with her, though she was young she gained self hatred for herself and believed she wouldn't find anyone better so she stayed.

Every once in a while the pain would surface leaving a wave of disappointment throughout her body which was what she was feeling right now, but she shook it off as she pulled into her garage beginning to buzz with excitement to introduce ricci to her new space.

As they got out the car her lips curved into a full smile listening to the scuffs ricci gave from being forced to cover her eyes.

"bitch you better not let me trip on these stairs, she huffed as she cautiously felt her hand up against the wall until finding the stair railing.

Making it to the top, her feet stuttered against the wood floors halting as april pushed her stiffened body in a direct spot with a prefect view of the kitchen, living and dining room

she waved her hand over ricci's eyes making sure she couldn't see, laughing at the scoffs ricci gave before she forcefully opened her eyes.

She blinked a few times letting her eyes adjust to the mellow mood lighting the kitchen brought in lighting a bit of darkness the midnight sky poured in from the tall windows.

April watched anticipation as ricci's eyes flickered around the room before she stepped up onto the living room platform lightly running her hands over the velvet light grey couches with fluffy cream colored pillows.

She looked out at the twinkling citylights with a proud smile on her face before plopping down slightly bouncing on the couch cushions.

she glanced over the decor viewing a stack of vogue and essence magazines layed out on the reflective glass coffee table, her eyes landed on an old picture of april and riley and her that was taken during freshman orientation,