Smoke and Mirrors: From the Ashes of the Old

New Eden, United Federation, 

April 02, 2007, 9:00 am. 

Within the Presidential Block, the official residence and workplace of the president of the United Federation a meeting is taking place with all members of the Homeland Defense National Council in attendance seated along a round table. Everyone is looking at the holo screen in front of them displaying the information being talked about and the reason for everyone being called to the emergency meeting. 

A member of the council who is standing up in front of the large holo screen that is displaying the same information that the rest of the council are looking at speaks about the information data being presented, "As you can see we are seeing a sharp increase in dimensional energy being detected by radar systems, " the forty-six-year-old man briefed the member of the Homeland Defense National Council which is composed of the Head of state and Government of the United Federation, the head of key civil and intelligence departments and the current members of the Joint Chief of Staff, "The report that you are all seeing have been confirmed by various departments from within the Organization of Free Nations, " he continues to speak before glancing at the secretary of the Department for the Study of Dimensional elements, one of the executive departments of the United Federation. 

"I can concur with what Professor Jackson Stephen is saying, " the head of the department for the study of dimensional elements responded, "Without a doubt, we are seeing a sharp increase in dimensional energy, " she continued to speak before clearing his throat, "But not yet enough for a dimensional breach like the likes of Los Angeles, " she calmly stated, "Of course we have no means of comparing data with the dimensional rift that occurred earlier in the United Kingdom of Albion, " she stated. 

"The current reading is far from the reading during the build-up to the second abyssal war, " the chairman of the joint chief of staff stated, "Much less during the war, " the military officer remarked while looking at the holo screen showing the information that professor Jackson Stephen, the forty-six-year-old scientist who is an expert in the field of dimensional study is briefing the Homeland Defense National Council. 

"That is all well and good, we are far off from any total war, " the head of the department of finance, Secretary Freya Collins remarked which made everyone look at her, "As much as we are shielded from the ongoing financial crisis that is affecting the United Nations we are not immune from speculations, " she stated while the head of the First Echelon Directorate nods in agreement, "Especially market and financial speculations. " 

"It took us some time before we reduced the rumors mostly by flooding the world wide web and other means of communication, " the head of the First Echelon Directorate speaks, "Having the experts that are our friends in bed talk with the public all saying the same theme despite voicing it with different dialects, " she continues to speak, "Nonetheless we are not immune from the public's speculation and our finances is one of the core pillar of our nation alongside Industry and People, " director Anastasia Thompson stated.  

"With what you are saying especially with this report, " the chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff, General William Armstrong Bradley, a sixty-six-year-old military officer from the Federal Army speaks while looking at the holo screen and seeing the line graph in months and noticing the peak and through, the multiple high and low points of the data set collected since the OFN's arrival on Earth, "It would be better if we prepare the Armed Forces, " he suggested while glancing at the president and the emperor of the United Federation, Lilian Stokes, and William Smith who is in attendance as the core members of the Homeland Security National Council.

"The media would see any mobilization no matter how small or big and it will lead to people speculating at what is happening, " President Lilian Stokes stated with Emperor William Smith listening to her remark, "We haven't conducted any large-scale national military exercise. "