A Brave New World: Ghost of the Past

New York, State of New York, 

United States of America, 8:00 am. 

Inside an apartment complex within the residential district of the city of New York, the financial and trade hub of the United States of America on the east coast, a young man is currently watching the holographic display screen that has largely replaced the television in American society the holographic display is broadcasting the ongoing congressional vote on a bill in the houses of congress. 

"it seems we are quite seeing a blurred line between democrats and republicans, " the voice of a young man stated while the holographic display is showing the tally of the votes with both the republican and democrats split on the matter, "it is now going to come down to a handful of states in the midwest whose senators and congressmen and women are yet to vote, " the voice continues while the young man continues to watch the broadcast, he grabbed the remote placed on the table, "and it seems the military sales authorization act will pass the houses of congress, " the voice declared just as the man changes the television to another channel. 

the holographic display then shows a news anchor interviewing a professor on geopolitical relations, "thank you for allowing this interview, " the female news anchor stated while looking at the guest speaker who is wearing formal attire, "with Fox News, " she continues to speak, "what can you tell us about the military sales authorization act? " 

"one way or another the United States of America has to sell weapons to the other kid in the block, " the guest speaker, a young man in his early 50s answered the request, "the military sales authorization act will allow us to sell weapons to less developed countries. " 

"Are we looking at Africa or Asia? " the young woman inquired. 

"let us not forget the countries in Europe, " he answered the question, "one thing that all Americans must know is that Europe is technologically behind, " the speaker stated, "Right now the entirety of the United Nations is behind the member states of the Organization of Free Nations with exceptions from those in the continent of Yashmin. An analogy would be we are using assault rifles while they are using rifles, " the fifty-two-year-old man stated creating an analogy for the given situation, "the United States of America has to be mindful not to upset the current volatile balance of power, " he stated, "and the OFN has to strike a new balance. " 

"is that the reason why the OFN has allowed liaison officers from the security council to be permanent attache to space stations? " 

"yes, this is just proof that the member states of the OFN have no wish to dominate anyone and are fully committed to upholding the concept and ideas of cooperation. "   

"Naturally I would prefer if we adopt the policy of splendid isolation, " the young man that is watching the television remarked before once again changing the channel and seeing a tv series trailer that is being shown as the commercial, "Against the Terror? " he questioned upon hearing the name of the movie, "inspired by the Bond of Brothers, " he remarked. 

"from the defense of El Dorado on to the final victory at the island of new beginning, " the voice on the voiceover stated while showing some of the scenes that will be seen in the new tv series while a piece of slow music is heard and with each new scenes shown the speed of music increases, "against the darkness the strength of mankind is a testament to the courage of the few, " the voice stated as the naval landing at the island of a new beginning is shown with all of the ships firing into the island, "against the Terror, " the voice-over stated once the video has turned black and the title of new tv series is shown, "coming to your holo this June. "