A Brave New World: Pandora's Box

State of York, United Kingdom of Albion, 

January 02, 2001, 8:00 am.

The State of York, formally or unofficially known as the Duchy of York, is one of the significant administrative divisions of Albion located on one of the two major islands of the Kingdom and inside one of its military bases a group of soldiers is currently gathered around a rectangular device with glass panels attach to the columns, "so what exactly is this? " a soldier, a woman in her early 30s with the rank of staff sergeant, a non-commissioned officer in charge of a section, a formation equivalent to a squad. 

"Clearly it is an oven. staff serge? " a soldier, a young man in his early 30s responded to the question the former asked while standing beside the former, his response made the soldiers around him snicker. 

"some is about to get his arse lighted up on fire, " another soldier from the same company as the former remarked in a low voice, whispering his to his colleague standing beside him. 

"Private Johnson shut your trap or I will glue them together, " the female soldier who is the ranked staff sergeant responded to the remark that was given by the rifleman who is a member of the section that she leads, "with stitches or Sorina, " she stated while glaring at the former. 

"shutting up ma'am, " he responded while looking at the device when suddenly the sound of a bell ringing was heard as a sign that one of the four-door insides of the barracks compartment has been opened. 

"Attention! " the company's executive officer, a young man in his late 50s and a veteran of the second abyssal war shouted in a loud voice as per protocol once a superior officer entered the room and quickly the soldiers inside the room snapped to attention and looked at the company commander who is walking towards the group. 

"at ease, " the company commander, a young man in his late 60s stated while walking towards the company upon hearing his command the soldiers returned to thier normal posture, "okay so we got a new hardware attached to our company, " he stated while looking at the soldiers under his command, "I would like to introduce you to warrant officer Ishida Noriya, " he introduces one of the men behind him, "and warrant officer Matthew Broderick, " upon their names being called they take a step forward, "they will be part of the company HQ element, " he informed the soldiers of thier new comrade in arms. 

"Matthew Broderick, " one of the military officers that the former brought with him stated introducing himself, "the new device in front of you will be integrated into the New Force Structure. " 

"This device is a 3d Printer if you people are not aware, " Warrant Officer Ishida Noriya, "a move to place the Royal Army of Albion into the 21st century, " he stated. 

"any question? " the company commander, a commissioned officer with the rank of captain inquired. 

"his name, " a soldier at the back rank inquired, "he is not from Japan and I do hope that he is from Yamato or the United States. " 

"Yamato, " Warrant Officer Ishida Noriya answered, "do you certainly think that the government and the military would allow someone outside of the OFN to join the armed forces and potentially leak a lot of information? "  

the soldier who asked the question smiles upon hearing his response, "so Yamato guy where is your sword? " he inquired. 

"Sergeant Anthony Praker that is called a Katana, " the company commander corrected, "anyway before we get the usual meet and greet this device is officially designed as the " he informed the soldiers, "Onsite Company Supply Unit, " he informed the soldiers and some quickly whisted upon hearing the name of the device in front of them, "experience in the second abyssal is still being analyzed to improve upon our military strength. "