A Brave New World: The Ever-Changing World

Province of Hallsta, Imperium of Lorent, 

Minerva Steel and Coal Union, June 01, 2000, 

10:00 pm. 

as the evening glow of the moon shines inside a forest, a young man in his late 40s is running through the dense wood of the province of Hallsta with sweat forming on his face as he runs while carrying a briefcase with him. 

as the man runs evading whatever is hunting him he clenches his teeth as he tries to avoid tripping along the path he pants due to being exhausted from running away, "damn them, " he angrily mumbled in a low voice while the sounds of dogs barking from a distant area heard informing the man that those who are pursuing him are closing in, "I am not going to let it end like this, " he stated in a low voice while the sound of the owls screeching in the night is heard. 

suddenly the forty-eight-year-old man falls to the ground after a bullet exited his left leg,  "shit! " he angrily remarked in a loud voice upon hitting the ground hard he crawls forward trying to move towards the scattered papers on the ground due to the briefcase that suddenly opens due to the force of the impact. 

the sound of gunfire is once again heard and after a few seconds, a bullet entered the left hand of the man causing blood to flow out, the man upon feeling the pain gives out an angry grunt, "fuck, " he remarked in his own native language of french as he tries to stop the bleeding on his left hand. 

after a few seconds, the sound of footsteps is heard as a group of men entered the vision of the man wearing a military combat uniform with an exoskeleton combat suit and equipped with a silenced rail gun assualt rifle, "target neutralize, " the leader of the four men team reported while he and the soldiers under his command walk towards the fallen man who is angrily staring dagger at his fire team. 

the four soldiers once again opened fire targeting each of the man's limbs causing the man to angrily grunts, "screw you! " he angrily shouted in his native accent as another set of footsteps coming from behind are heard, "I know you can understand me! " 

"We do not speak with savages, " a young woman declared while walking towards the man from behind and standing next to him, "you should all know that we do not like to deal with those who think that we are thier equal, " she pointed out while standing to his left and pulled out a sidearm and pointed it at his head. 

"that sidearm is clearly from my country, " he pointed out. 

"it is from the Americans and we just improve on it, " she responded in a calm voice, "do you think that we are not aware of your assets on our lands? " the young woman in her the early 30s questioned, "fifty operatives and whose recent task is to gather blueprints and you people after a few months trusted one our own, " she stated, "a disgruntled worker in one of our research labs, " she continues to speak while placing her finger inside of the trigger guard, "all of this data that you got is what we want you to have. " 

"They are still alive because we deemed them necessary, " one of the soldiers who shot at him continues to speak, "as it is better to have puppets that you can control than an opposition which is out of control, " he stated. 

"none of our conversations will ever reach Paris, " the young woman stated as the forty-eight-year-old man closes his eyes, "as we have taken the liberty of hacking your primitive communications and feeding them wrong information, " she stated before touching the device around her neck, "you do love to hear your voice, " the young woman from the intelligence agency of the Imperium of Lorent remarked while using the man's own voice, "goodbye, " she stated before pulling the trigger after she inserted the finger she used to touch the device on her neck.