Enter Through Eden

Aether stood alone in the empty room, his tail curled up tightly against his feathery body. He looked around him. The room was built with marble and some type of dark-colored wood that was glazed with resin. The wood must've been somewhat of a reddish hue because the young wyvern's eyes saw that it was oddly gray. Whether gray or red, it didn't matter. The wood was built into the building for some purpose after all.

He noticed the absence of any lantern or light at all. Maybe it's due to the large window that opened his eyes to the view ahead the moment the sun's rays started to overflow the sky after dawn. The light had overflowed so much that he had to squint just to get a view of the single strand of wheat growing outside. 

He continued to look at the space around him, at the curtains that draped beside the windows (that were most definitely either red or gray), of the swirling marble patterns of the floor, and how every noise seemed to bounce back right into his ears the moment he makes a sound.

The room glittered in light as he gazed up at the wooden ceiling that was stained and scarred with scuffs. He noticed how the ceiling loomed over him like a sky that was far from reach. His eyes stared at the little details and drawings that formed a circular pattern at the top of the ceiling and how it seemed to cascade downwards like a waterfall, seamlessly blending in with the rest of the marble walls-

"Hey, chicken!" a harsh voice broke his trance. Startled and scared, the young wyvern turned to find the source of the sound, only to find a familiar pair of scary, pitch-black eyes that glared at him with annoyance. Alongside her was Stygian who had their tail surrounding her protectively.

He could only freeze in both awe and fear as Stygian nodded at his presence.

"Aether isn't it? Welcome to the Stronghold." he spoke to him, nudging his junior gently with his tail, only to receive a pout from the latter.

"As...you may have already known from a tumultuous encounter yesterday, this is Adonia. I am her guardian. She will be your new guide in this Stronghold and I will supervise the both of you to see that things would go smoothly."

Aether glanced toward Adonia, who glared at him. 

"What?" she groaned. "Can you go one second without staring?"

Aether stepped back nervously at her response, looking down in shame. "Sorry.." he uttered. Seeing how tense the atmosphere was, Stygian sighed and approached him slowly.

"You alright?" he asked gently. Aether nodded.

"Yeah. I'm just nervous, is all.." he said. "She seems....rather aggressive.."

Adonia, hearing this comment, glared at him angrily. "Oh, so that's who you think I am?! Let me guess, you think I am a monster, too?!"

"What? No!" Aether was quick to defend himself. "It's just that...you were hostile towards me and my mom yesterday so--"

" Don't give me that excuse! You're just like everyone else. Pathetic little cuckoos who squawk the same annoying noise every day." she hissed at him. Aether could only look away, confused at the reason for her hostility towards him and his mom the other day even though they didn't do anything wrong.

Stygian gave her a sympathetic look. "I know that we all got off on the wrong foot, but let's focus on making Aether's transition to this Stronghold as smoothly as possible. We can't afford any lost hours, after all," he said calmly, looking at the both of them. "But, since rushing to the part where he starts his training won't do any good for the both of you, it seems, let's start with introductions." He then turned to Aether with a gentle look. "Aether, you first. Just tell us your likes and dislikes, your hobbies, perhaps? Any stuff of the sort so Adonia can know who she is working with, here."