Extra Chapter: A Mage's Chores

A/N: This segment was previously supposed to be included in the next chapter, but since that chapter was already so long and I haven't updated this story yet, I decided to post this segment separately while you guys wait for the next one. It is very short and contains a bit of a slice-of-life of Tempest preparing the gang's new home. It does build to the main plot in a way, however. With that aside, enjoy!

Tempest settled in, cleaning the abandoned cottage and putting her, Dawn and Aether's belongings in order. Well, it didn't take her too long to tidy everything up, as Dawn and Aether don't have much on them. But her on the other hand...

"Okay!" she grunted, as she heaved the last shelf in her room towards a corner. "That should be enough for three generations of books back in the library..." She looked around the space that she decided to call her room, and admired how she cleaned to place up for a while.

"There's space for all of my belongings," she commented to herself. "and the window gives a nice amount of sunlight for my terrariums. Huh, the landlord must be nuts in letting this beauty go."

She gazed at the tiny clear pots that are filled with life within them. She could see that a flower was about to bloom in one of them.

She left her room and cleaned up the living space, dusted the walls and made sure that the building itself looked sturdy and won't collapse.

"Thank the heavens that I was able to convince that smug-bottom toad to buy this at a discount.." she muttered to herself as she looked around the vicinity. It was quiet, serene, and the woods surrounded the back of the cottage, right where Aether's designated room is.

"He'll love the view. There will be tons of birds to keep him company" she said, before she flew and landed on the roof. She cleared the roof of debris and saw that Aether's room had a clear ceiling, which made her relieved and amused at the same time.

"And of course, there's the sky to accompany him too.."

After a while of cleaning, she cast a few spells and runes around and inside the house for protection. She then rested on the living room, preparing tea for herself and Dawn and waited for them to return.

-