Thank You Guys for 1K!! (1K Special Illustration)

(this was originally gonna be posted back when it was still around 850+, but dang, I wasn't quick enough, now we're reaching 1K!!! Note that this 1K achievement post was supposed to be published before the chapters 'A Soldier's Conception' and 'Formless and Empty'.)

(UPDATE: WE REACHED 1K YALL!!!!)

This gift I had prepared was meant to be posted a chapter earlier, but I suck at finishing things on time and I got stuff irl going on like school (IB noooo) so it was a long delay. But without further ado, I present...

An illustration to commemorate Wyvern of the Wind reaching 1K!!

(Update: Adjusted the shadows a bit)

This drawing took me a very long while to finish, mainly because I was still working on the vibe of it and because I had to make a custom scale brush for it on Procreate. Plus the shading isn't child's play, for lack of better words. I had to see how to make it work. If it looks a bit off of Chromebook, that's because of the lighting and the fact that I finished it inside a car, plus when I downloaded it it looked blurry arggh. But otherwise, I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I managed to finish it after benching it for a while and it feels nice to draw on iPad again after not doing so in a long while.

So, as a bonus for WOTW reaching 1K, this illustration would be the image banner for the chapter One More Chance, as it depicts a scene of a family moment between my boi Aether and his father, Crimson.

Thank you so much for giving this story a chance! It suffered through rewrites, hiatuses, my procrastination, and horrible time management, but I'm happy with how everything has turned out so far! I hope to be able to post more chapters of it soon!

(And if y'all are wondering, WOTW didn't make the Wattys shortlist, but it's alright! There are plenty of oceans for a fish to swim through and I can still engage with an audience through my stories even without a Wattys Award. But that doesn't mean that I don't plan on ditching that road just yet. Award or no award, I'll still be here writing, God willing).

Thank you guys so much! Off to the next chapter!

~the FAngK1NG