locked in

LOCKED IN, chapter thirty - five 

" You two better not be going passed second base "

ODETTE WROTE DOWN EVERY IDEA THAT SHE HAD, sneak in.. no she would get caught immediately, hurt the guards and grab him, no she could possibly kill a man who's just doing his job. 

"How do I get Xavier out of there?" she wondered aloud quitely, but her thoughts were interrupted by the sounds of sloppy kissing as she rolled her eyes at the couple on her left. 

"Can you eat each others faces off somewhere else?" she asked, her tone annoyed as Eden let out a sigh "This could possibly be our last days so no" Eden smiled innocently before going back to kiss Ajax "we could die?" he asked before shrugging and kissing her again. 

Odette gagged at the sight. 

But a gasp gained her attention again when she saw Eden's nails, that's never happened before she thought before Ajax pointed out that it was a full blood moon. 

"Do you want me to get Georgia?" Odette asked as she quietly walked up to the two, Eden crossed her head "I'm okay, I think?" she smiled "This is helping" she put her arms around Ajax, pulling him towards her.

"Okay I'm leaving" Odette declared before grabbing her book and walking out. 

She ran out quickly before running to the library, not knowing the call Enid was about to receive in the other room. 

But as Odette entered the secret library after doing the secret code her body jolted and her eyes rolled to the back of her head. 

Though from the outside it would seem she could only see white, Odette saw everything. 

Principle Weems, dead. 

From a liquid she couldn't identify, blue of somewhat and by the hands of someone with red hair, she couldn't tell until she looked at the background...plants, a heap of plants. 

Thornhill. 

When Odette came back to reality she dropped on to the floor, her forehead slightly sweaty and her hands shaky. She remembered seeing Wednesday in the shot, was she still here? Did Thornhill take her, did she kill her?

Odette shook her head

She knew Wednesday could defend her well enough to not let her kill her with a colorful gel for all that matter. 

When the door opened again, Odette had gained almost all of her conscious again, she didn't expect to see Enid and Ajax and she rolled her eyes. 

"You two better not be going past second base in here" 

Enid blushed bright red before turning to Ajax "I can't believe you were in a secret society and didn't tell me" 

"Well yunno, it's... secret" 

Odette snorted at his face 

The three watched as the rest of the Society arrived and Enid gasped at Kents appearance. Him and Odette shared a small smile as the two were both still in mourning. 

All the group shared their plans to help the school, the sirens helping the school to a safe place, Enid and Thing going to find  Wednesday and Odette looked down to her book where she wrote plans "I'm going to get Xavier out" she announced as they all looked at her 

"He saved me once, I owe it to him" she explained further. 

The group split up as Odette made her way to the station, it took time, the train rider refusing to let a Nevermore student on the train this late at night forcing her to walk to the station. 

"Uhm Hi" she awkwardly waved to the person at the front desk who simply stared back at her. 

don't act suspicious! she reminded herself

"I'm just wondering if Tyler no! Eli no!, uhm" she stopped herself "Is the Sherriff in?" she asked with a sweet smile. 

"no"

"oh" she said 

"he's at Nevermore, took a kid with him" he grunted at the front before her "Just by chance did he have long hair?" Odette asked, acting casual "yeah, needed a brush, and some concealer to he didn't look to good" the officer shrugged before taking a sip of his coffee "oh" Odette nodded at the small insults the officer threw Xaviers way 

"Nevermore you said?" Odette asked as he nodded "cool, thanks" she smiled before walking out.

"I probably shouldn't of said that" the officer shrugged.

Odette was already back on her way, running faster than she already was, her stomach had been having sharp pains for the past thirty minutes before she ran past a log and tripped slightly from it. 

"oh fuck" she said mid air before landing on leaves, she stayed their for a second, her tiredness catching up to her, but then she felt a slap on her shoulder and let out a scream before it was silenced by a hand. 

Odette slapped Thing as it dropped down "not cool" she yell whispered at it as she could tell it was laughing  before hopping away Odette following. 

It wasn't until they reached a cop car that Thing stopped and Odette squinted to see a silhouette "Xavier" she whispered and Thing wasted no time as it jumped onto the back window. She heard Xaviers cheers at the sight of Thing and laughed at the sight before she zapped the handle, opening it. 

"Excited I see" her accent shined through her smile as she sat in the driving spot, though the two were excited to see each other there was no doubt that there was a tension in the air "Odette" he muttered to himself before a loud growl was heard not too far away "Do you know how to drive?"

"I guess we'll find out"