queen bee

QUEEN BEE, chapter three 

❝ your ego can only fill up so much ❞

Fencing wasn't Odette's favourite subject, actually it wasn't even in the calibar at all

Fencing wasn't Odette's favourite subject, actually it wasn't even in the calibar at all. Firstly, she wasn't amazing at it ─── she would much rather just use her powers so she never really tried unless she needed to and secondly her partner was Xavier. 

The same Xavier she has vowed to hate since she arrived at Nevermore. Everyone always says that he 'saved her' but in reality all he did was create another trauma in herself but even lately her hatred towards the boy was crumbling but her facade was not. 

She would not let him think she was going soft on her. So here they were, fighting against each other in their suits agrevated grunts coming from one another every now and then, Xavier because he was losing and Odette because she was trying to hard to make sure that she didn't lose to Xavier Thorpe. 

When the match finished Odette had her stick pointed at Xavier's neck and he took his helmet off releasing his long hair which he brushed out afterwards. Odette then did the same a smirk rested on her face. 

"How does it feel to lose ── again"

"Oh c'mon you were trying so hard to win that" he rolled his head back his complaint making a smile creep up onto Odette's face.

"Maybe I'm just that good" she shrugged walking away, Xavier immediately following behind "You didn't even try a quarter of what you did just then with Ajax before" 

"Ajax needed a confidence boost after he accidently stoned his plant for miss Thornhill's class" she answered smoothly as she walked Xavier still following. "And me?" he asked finally catching up only to tower over the shorter girl.