tricked

TRICKED, chapter thirty-four

" this feels like a bad hangover "

"are you still not talking to me?" Bianca asked her friend who had crashed out onto her bed "no" Odette responded "Tyler is probably out free by now and Xavier's still locked up" she mumbled into her pillow before lifting her body up "he still thinks I believe it's him you know" she said looking at her friends eyes which was filled with sorrow. 

"I'm sorry I took you away it's just that... I knew you would regret hurting him in the future" she explained herself and put her hand on Odette's knee "I know we had up's and down's and lets not forget the race for the cup" she said making Odette chuckle at the way the two were at each others throats that day. 

"Who could forget that?" she joked before grabbing Bianca's hand which was rested on her knee "thankyou" she whispered before looking to Enid who was fast asleep in a pile of her plushies. 

She looked so peaceful and heavenly, she could only imagine her face for when she woke up and found out her friend was a murderer. 

Odette knew Bianca was right. 

No matter how hard she wanted to make sure Tyler rotted in hell, she didn't want to relive her past. 

She wasn't going to be a murderer again. 

"I'm gonna head back" Bianca sighed before getting up "you good here?" she asked before looking at Wednesdays bed "yeah I'm good" Odette nodded. 

"Wednesday is going to be fine" 

That's all the confirmation the two of them needed before the two went to their beds.

"This feels like a bad hangover" 

In the morning, Odette was surprised to see Wednesday in her school outfit packing her bags, "they're kicking you out?" she asked as the girl hummed in response, "Why? Because you found out the truth about the sheriffs horrific eldest son?" 

"I talked to Xavier" Wednesday told her before looking towards her 

"what did he say?" Odette asked quickly as her tone got softer 

"Told me to leave, and lucky for him I am"

"Well we don't want you to leave, especially when there is a free killer on the loose" 

Wednesday turned around from her, remembering what the Thorpe boy had said to her. 

"Odette's life would be easier if you weren't there!"

"The same Odette that was willing to kill Tyler Galpin when she found out it wasn't you?"

"What?" he asked baffled at the statement "Bianca had to siren her to leave, it was actually better for me I like torturing people on my own" Wednesday trailed off 

"Wednesday, you have to stay" Odette took the girl out of her thought before Enid came through the door with a tear running down her face. 

"Will you forget about me?" she asked to Wednesday, obviously she had heard the news and come running to see the girl from an early class. "Enid" Wednesday started "the mark you have left on me is indelible, anytime I grow nauseous at the sight of a rainbow, or hear a pop sing that makes my ears bleed I'll think of you" Wednesday turned around to Odette "and since you're here to I must tell you that whenever I hear a crows laugh or the site of an ugly green sweater that I want to cut up into little pieces and feed to the laughing crow, I will think of you also"

"I don't laugh like a crow" Odette gasped and Enid looked at her "just a little" she whispered before turning to Wednesday "thanks" she smiled "I guess" she then trailed off. 

Wednesday then went on to reveal she's been a disappointment and the two roommates stood up for her "nuh-uh" Odette shook her head "I've learned so much from you" Edin started "mostly criminal behavior" Odette butted in "but also, people spend their entire lives pretending to give zero eff's and you literally never had an eff to give" she smiled and Wednesday looked to the floor.

Odette knew there was a smile fighting it's way to the pale girls face. 

"Any chance you have a sneaky plan to get past Weems?" Odette asked and Wednesday looked at her, really looked at her.

"Xaviers right" she said at Odette before turning back to Edin and talked about the prophecy and if she wasn't hear it couldn't happen. "It kills me to leave when Tyler's still walking around free" she said and Odette nodded her head. 

"Then stay" she stood up "Eli can't die for nothing" 

"If he tries anything, we have a school full of Gargoyles, vampires and werewolf's and an angel of death, we can stop him" Eden promises 

The trio looked down to the floor, all partially not believing the blonde. 

Thing tapped on the suitcase causing the three girls to look at it. "I guess it's time to go" Odette said as Thing pointed at the door Odette breathed in.

Was she about to say goodbye to a hand?

After Enid said her goodbye Odette stood to Thing and shook him "thankyou for being nice to me even if I was afraid of you" Odette smiled and Thing lifted his thumb as a response. 

Odette didn't stop Enid from trying to hug Wednesday as her herself wanted to bring the Addams girl into her embrace. "You're right" Enid brought her hands back "not hugging is kind of our thing".

Odette walked to Enid and hugged her small frame before Wednesday and Thing walked out "They're going to be fine E"

"Are we?" 

"I don't know"

Even though I don't like Percy Hines White and I don't know the full story I want to prove that I can finish a book so I personally have recasted him to Louis Partridge so that is who I am imagining

vote and comment