Aleks made soft protesting sounds, as he was far from ready to get up. Belial smiled and stroked his lover's belly. "I'm getting up, Tsuka. Tsuki and you, rest a little longer. Call me when you're awake," he whispered in Aleks' ear, which he also pressed a soft kiss on.

Reluctantly, he got up and got dressed. He sent out several ravens and called a meeting for the afternoon. They had to bring everyone up to date. After he had done that, he went to the garden, where Sereph was waiting.

"Is your mate also a sleepyhead?" he asked the prince of Hell kindly.

Sereph looked at him and smiled. He had never seen that before. "Worse. Getting him out of bed in the morning is an impossibility, because he can't even be woken up by the light."

That's right, he's blind. Many would have pitied Sereph – but after what Belial had seen in the cave, no one would guess that the boy couldn't see anything. It was strange. They were both sitting on this bench and suddenly they had so much in common. Their mates were both carriers, both part human beings and raised in the human world. They had completely turned their lives upside down. Belial sighed.

"How do you do that?" Sereph asked, resting his chin thoughtfully on the back of his hand.

"What exactly do you mean?" he asked, guessing what he was getting at.

Sereph continued to look ahead. "Your mate is pregnant and both him and your child are carriers. He is also an angel and a highly sought-after object of Hell. Hope is already in a dangerous position as my heart, but Aleksander is on a completely different level," Sereph said deliberately.

Belial was silent. "I live with it. I know that our situation is very delicate right now, which is why we are hiding the pregnancy. But I can't help it, I live with this fear every day. For over a thousand years, I had nothing that scared me. I lived as a warrior, ready to die at any time. But when this innocent person with his radiant smile stumbled into my life, everything changed. I now know the true meaning of fear. And yet I would never trade him in, never. I think you feel the same way," he replied to Sereph.

Belial was right. Sereph's view of things, other people, and life had changed fundamentally when Hope came into his life. He would do anything to protect him. "Is the fear lessening?" he asked Belial.

Belial shook his head. That's what I thought.

A smile crossed Sereph's face. "Because Aleksander and Hope are related, we are now a family as well," Sereph said, looking at the Leviathan, who looked at him in surprise.

"Is that a threat?" he said with a grin.

Sereph stayed silent, but the corners of his mouth twitched. Maybe Belial and he would become something like friends after all. Who knows. But one thing was clear, family ties were strong and since Aleks was Hope's only family, he would protect him.

Warm arms wrapped around Sereph and a kiss was pressed on the crown of his head.

"Secret conversations behind our backs?" the voice of his beloved sounded.

Our? Then followed two arms that wrapped around Belial.

"Hope and I have a lot to talk about and would like to go for a walk. We will take Shin and Alas with us. Is that okay?" Aleks asked his demon.

"Yes, but don't go too far away and don't overexert yourself," Belial said, pressing a kiss to his angel's lips.

Aleks nodded and summoned Shin. The Byakko demon appeared and rubbed against his foot. Sereph looked at the angel with an astonished expression on his face. Hope stroked the white tiger and rubbed his face in the fur. Then the two of them started running, Alas at some distance behind.