TWO

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

REPUTATION—TWO

'2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT'

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"NOW—JUST KNOW THAT WHEREVER YOU'RE DRAFTED I WILL BE PROUD OF YOU MEINE BLUME."

Marjorie was named after her mother, Marjorie Hischier. She had developed a better relationship with her mother than her father for several reasons which have become painstakingly obvious.

"Thank you." The girl hugged her mother gratefully. "Where is Hux?" the older woman asked her daughter who shrugged, "He'll find us eventually." Marjorie told her mother as they found their seats.

She stared at her phone, waiting for a text or a call from a family member.

DEVIL CAPTAIN 🫡

DEVIL CAPTAIN 🫡
Good luck.
NJ better pick u over that hughes kid

SWISS SENSATION
Yeah but he's still pretty good 🤷‍♀️

DEVIL CAPTAIN 🫡
so??
Cale Makar was good and
he was picked after me

SWISS SENSATION
I'm sure they'll think i'm a bust tho

DEVIL CAPTAIN 🫡
GET OFF YOUR PHONE
ITS STARTING 🤩

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

NEW JERSEY DEVILS WERE PICKING.

Marjorie's leg bounced anxiously she bit the inside of her cheek so much that she could taste the irony taste of her cheek bleeding. There was only thirty seconds left on the clock when they decided. The camera was split between Jack Hughes and Marjorie Finley.

"This was a hard thought decision. The New Jersey Devils, are proud to welcome, from the United States hockey program Jack Hughes." The man announced. She could hear her father yelling at her already.

She was supposed to be first to make him proud. She's lost to the American boy her father would rather have as his kin than her.

She's not going to stop smiling. She has to be grateful. She clapped happily for him.

"New York Rangers, you're on the clock."

It barely took a minute. They all gathered onto the stage and stood up straighter as the cameras found them and the second prospect.

"Thank you. for the first pick the New York Rangers are proud to select from the Switzerland Under eighteen Program. Marjorie Finley." A man announced.

Marjorie stood up quickly, she was excited. Her mother got a long hug, and her brother just barely got one before he pushed his sister away.