27. Goodbye Kiss (Hongjoong)

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry... you can do it. You have one heck of a team."

"But still..." he runs his fingers through his hair. "Anyways... whatever. I can't do anything about it. You are decided."

"Thank you."

His eyes shifted from stressed to calm. "Just call me if you need anything okay?"

"I will. Thank you."

Then as I was about to leave Seonghwa's office, the door suddenly slams open. It's Hongjoong. His dark brown hair is dripping with sweat and his white sleeves are rolled over just before his elbow. His tattoos are out. He never shows his tattoos especially if he's in the office building.

"Sir...." Seonghwa walks around his table and stands beside me. "I thought you were at the--"

"I was." He answers, panting. He then closes the door behind him.

His stares to me, is not faltering.

"Hongjoong..." I murmur under my breathe. Almost sounding like a whine.

"Can you please give us a few minutes?" Hongjoong asks Seonghwa

"Sir... I would but the people outside..." Seonghwa and I glance at each other.

"Tell them to fucking go to break or whatever. I don't fucking care. Just give us a minute." He says, gritting his teeth together

Hongjoong never yells at people like this. He can always control his temper. But now, he...

"Please..." hongjoong adds

"Okay sir." Seonghwa finally agrees. "I'll be outside okay?" He quietly says to me before walking pass Hongjoong. And the second he opens the door, he yells to everyone to have a two hour break. Urgently.

It may look a bit too much but I know everyone knows what's happening. Unless they are new.

My relationship with Hongjoong is never a secret. Everybody knows it. Even his parents. But that doesn't give me the assurance that they like me. They know Hongjoong as the silly and playboy son. Someone who does not take anything seriously besides his work. That's how I got to know him too. We all labeled him as the rich kid who have everything and gets what he wants especially the girls. That's why I also never thought that I would be in a situation like this too.

Two years into working in this company, their company. I got promoted and had a chance to meet him personally. Outside work I mean. In my new position I got to go places that we need to meet him nor his parents for a business meeting or conferences. Long story short, we get to spend the time together and had a drink or two.

It all started because of a mistake. A one night stand. And then it went on to him, always looking for me. Asking me for a date and all. I hated it at first but I got to know him. I got to know the side, the gentle person that he is, that no one knows. I fell in love. Hard.

"Wooyoung told me... you are planning to resign..."

"Yeah... I just did."

"Why?"

"You know why..."

He exhales exasperatedly. "You're leaving me?"

"Hongjoong... you are getting married."

"I know!" He stomps his way towards me and embraces me, tightly. "I hate the fact that it's not you who I am marrying."

Tears begin to fill up my eyes again but I try my best not to fall apart. "We know that this is going to be our ending.. no matter when and how..."

"I'm sorry..." he nuzzles his face onto my neck. "I'm really sorry Y/n..."

I hate our story but not him. Hongjoong didn't do anything bad to me besides love me with all his heart. That's what fucking hurting me so much that I chose to leave. The fact that he will have to love someone better than me. The fact that he will have to share bed with another woman, and not me anymore. That he will have to kiss her and not me.

"I will miss you." I whisper to him

"Why do you have to leave?" He says as he looks me into the eyes

"For your future wife. She does not deserve to get hurt..."

"Why do you care about her more than your own feeling?"

"Hongjoong... she is a nice person..."

"She knows about us. About my love for you!"

"Still..."

"Fuck!" He looks frustrated. "I can't live without you! I love you!"

"I love you too... but..."

"Fuck this!" He growls before he grabs me by the waist and crashes his lips to mine.

A kiss that's expresses his frustration, his lost and his feeling of longing even though I'm still standing right in front of him.

We are finally breaking up. This kiss officially ends our more than two years of being in love. This is the kiss that will end us but then also the beginning of us being individuals.

"I love you..." he cries, "always have and always will."