Epilogue.

''Welcome to the Choosing Ceremony.'' Marcus Eaton said over the microphone.  I sat next to Eric playing with the ring that now sat on his finger. Almost 8 months married and he bought us matching black and gold bands to wear during events.

I was feeling some anxiety as we sat at the front of dauntless watching the Choosing ceremony. One year ago I was a mess.  I am still a mess but it isn't that bad.  I looked towards the Amity section.  My mother sat up at the top just out of sight of the lights.  From what I have heard she has been all but shunned. Which made me happy but also sad for the mother I knew. 

I felt Eric squeeze my knee and I looked at my husband. His blue eyes held questions but I just nodded.  Letting him know i was okay. He wore his hair back but it has gotten a little longer over the months.  He got another tattoo.  A sunflower right over his heart. My favorite flower.  I got a skeleton with flowers surrounding it.

"Anytime you want to leave.  We will." He whispered and I smiled softly at him.

''I know baby.'' I whispered back and he kissed my forehead before turning back to the stage.  I kept my eyes on him. Then beautiful man before me. The one who healed me. The one who loves me.

I was quiet the rest of the ceremony. We ended up with 18 transfers.  More than my year. We snuck out before all the other dauntless so we could be onnthe roof before them. I stood on the very same roof with the very same man.  But everything was different now. I was different.  Eric was different. I heard the train before I saw it.  As a dauntless going on their second year.  You always hear the train before it shows.

Eric dropped my hand with a small sigh and I saw him work over his 'I don't give a shit' face and I smiled softly before I stood behind him with the same bored expression. I had my hands clamped in front of me. Watching the initiates fly off the train.  One fell.  I held back the flinch I had when I heard the thwack of her hitting the pavement below. Greg and Derek are on clean up duty today.

I watched Eric lecture the initiates.  He was in his element.  He loved training people.  It makes him happy. I use to think he loved the gore about fighting.  But it isn't that.  He loved training people and pushing their limits.

I felt the light flutter in my stomach. The reminder of him pushing me past my limits.  The secret we are both holding close to our hearts until it is time. Until I can't hide it. Eric looked at me slightly after the last initiate fell. His eyes dropped slightly before walking to me.  He placed and hand gently on my stomach.

"I still think it's a boy." He teased and I just rolled my eyes.

"I am only 6 weeks.  We won't knoe until after out 15 week scan.  I think it's a girl.'' I teased back.

"But they say if you have bad morning sickness it's a boy.'' He said with a serious tone.

"Baby.  You have that backwards.  With tur last week of being up at 4 an and only being able to stomach oranges.  I think it's a girl.'' I said and placed my hand on top if his on my still flat stomach.

''As long as little nugget is healthy.'' He said in a serious tone.

''As long as little nugget is healthy.'' I mused back before kissing him softly.

I knew dauntless was the right choice.  It has brought joy and happiness.  It has brought me pain.  But it has brought me Niki and Jacob.  Uriah and Marlene. Eric.  My sweet husband Eric.

''Ready to jump?'' He asker as he helped me on the ledge. Before standing next to me.

''With you? Always.'' I said grabbing his hand. 

And we fell.  Just like our love story.  Hard and fast.  Except ours will never meet a hard net.  Ours will always keep going without an end.