Chapter 12 - Sir, Are You Laughing At Me? -

"What is this?" His eyes cast away to Brigitta and the once loud obnoxious idiot is now quiet, looking down in embarrassment. "You're both adults, this is certainly not the way to act."

"Unclench your fists. You're not punching anyone." He points at me accusingly and my eyes find their way to my hands. I unclench them but the anger in my face is still evident, clear for him to see. Obviously he wasn't happy before and he certainly isn't now. I wonder who's already rained on his parade before me.

"Now, is someone going to explain what happened?" I notice a few other adults rushing behind Professor Abel but I can't concentrate with this big giant covering everything. "Well?"
I shrug my shoulders avoiding eye contact with the demon but he clearly takes it to offence again, his eyes drilling into my skin.

"You've been gone for a week and now you're causing fights? Honestly, what has become of you?"

"Wait a second." I blurt out, now angry at my teacher. "I'm not the one who-"

"It wasn't her fault, sir." Jess butts in.

"Yeah it wasn't." Lewis shares. "Seriously everything was fine before-"

"Before Brickbutter decided to shoot her mouth off." I put forth, hearing a muffled laughter coming from behind Professor Abel. It's when I see Mrs Levine smack Mr Levine on the back that my lips curl slightly. My teacher glares back at them and Mr Levine clears his throat, bringing his attention to the other kids.

"It's Brigitta." The stupid girl grumbles and I roll my eyes, tired of this mess.

"You three? It's always you three causing a mess here." Professor Abel declares and I'm tempted to hit him in the face. I find myself looking up at him, biting the bottom of my lip. His eyes fall down onto me and for a brief second they look down at my lips. My heart does another flip and I clear my throat.

"Typical." I mutter under my breath but he clearly hears it. Jess pinches my side and Lewis lets out a breath.

"Here we go." He mumbles.

"What did you just say?" Professor Abel says with a deeper tone.

"Nothing." I reply allowing my thoughts to flow freely as I think about the pain in my feet. Boy, he is so lucky I'm not throwing my shoes at him-

"Look at me when I am talking to you Miss. Falke." He commands and slowly, I let my eyes wander back up to him.

"Miss Falke?" A familiar voice repeats from behind my teacher and soon a clack of heels walk out the hideaway, the woman now presenting herself to everyone.

"Oh my gosh. Amaya? Is that you?" My eyes widen in shock as I remember who this person is.

"Angelina?" I mumble, my heart now racing erratically. Realisation hits me in the face seeing her here, in formal clothes and a folder in her hand. A lanyard is wrapped around her neck, her pretty face plastered on the picture with the words 'Miss Green.' My eyes move to Professor Abel who's staring at me surprised, his brows raised. Mr and Mrs Levine look across from me to Angelina and a sudden laugh rises out of me.

"Oh wow, now isn't this funny?" My voice sounds bitter, finally knowing why Angelina kept on asking me, asking Jess about Professor Abel. This was her intention. We just met her by coincidence. My eyes move back to Professor Abel and then at Angelina.

"This is just getting better and better."

"What are you implying, Amaya?" Professor Abel asks, the warning in his voice goes over my head once the Brickbutter speaks.

"Looks like even the new teacher knows about your 'fire' situation." I keep forgetting we've got an old crow standing beside us. Only a few students are around us, enjoying this little argument. "It's not a secret anymore, is it?"