Chapter 10 -A Disgrace-

The sky has definitely darkened as soon as we head towards my area. Professor Abel did not ask me where I lived but instead he's driving me toward the bus stop, the same one I asked him to stop at. We drive in a comforting silence, just the two of us in his luxurious car. He slowly rolls up to the bus stop and I thank him, trying to open the car door. It doesn't budge. I wonder for a moment if I've forgotten how to bloody open a door but as I try again I realise it's locked. My eyes rest on him and my lips purse into a straight line.

"Sir?"

"You don't live on this street." He states calmly.

"Yes I do."

"No you don't."

"I do."

His eyes grab my full attention as he turns his head to me. "You don't."

"And how do you know that, sir?"

"Because I saw you run like a headless chicken across two other roads. Clearly it seems you don't want me to go to your street which is understandable but with the darkness now, I can't leave you on your own."

"I'm perfectly capable of protecting myself, sir. I can manage."

"Oh I know you can manage." His pretty fingers wrap around the wheel. "It's the other guy I'm worried about."

"Sir, please open the door. I really need to get home."

"And I can easily take you to your street. So come on, tell me where it is."
I pout, sitting back onto the leather seats, my hands crossed against my torso. Professor Abel sighs sitting back onto his seat, his expression stern and depressing.

"Amaya."

"Nope."

"Just tell me where you live."

"Nuh uh."

"Are you really going to act like this?"

"Yep." I say with a sarcastic smile and he groans pushing back his hair.

"I knew this was going to happen." He mutters and I turn my head back to the door, wondering how to open it.

"It's not going to open Amaya, and if you damage my car-"

"You'll get another one?"

"That's not how it works." Professor Abel turns off his car, the engine completely silent. I bite the bottom of my lip, looking around the street, noticing a few people staring at my teacher's car. He takes no notice of course as he fiddles with something on the side of his seat. My palms clam up as I squint at the figure walking towards us, a small petite woman, middle aged and is wearing a thick red and black coat. I gasp ducking my head down, my nosy neighbour is the biggest gossiper you can ever imagine.

"What are you doing?" Professor Abel asks confused and I shake my head, my legs shaking in disbelief.

"Out of all the days." I mutter, slowly pushing my seat back so I can die quietly on the floor.

"What is it?" I look up at him and my eyes widen already imagining my neighbour staring at the car with beady eyes. If she sees my teacher then she'll let the whole of China know, including my parents.

"I, um,-" I can hear her heels getting closer, she's seemingly talking loud on the phone and I see Professor Abel looking back up, curious of the voice. Without thinking, I grab his arm pulling him and he's startled, his grey orbs boring into mine with vexation as I bring a finger to my lips, indicating for him to be quiet.

"Yeah, yeah... I know." We stay silent as I hear walk past, noticing her shadow reflecting onto the windows that are tinted- oh wait. They're tinted. Her voice eventually fades, her big footsteps receding to the corner of the street. I bring my eyes to my Professor, who's currently thinking of ways to kill me.