|X- glorious purpose

Loki's pov:

I had to go and see mobius. I need his advice on what to do, and i need to go to the beginning. If i go to present mobius, he'd never give me real advice because he cares about me too much.

When i first met mobius, i could tell he didn't like me. I think we both thought it would be the first and last time we saw each other, and then we'd both be gone for good after i was imprisoned. But then we got closer, became friends, created soft spots for each other. Present mobius would never tell me to give it all up, sacrifice myself or anything like that, but past would. He would be honest.

I time slip back to just before he's about to show me some emotional scenes of my life.

Mobius is writing stuff down.

"So king then? Okay so you wanna be king.." he says

"Wait mobius stop" i say

"Stop what? We just started"

"Nonononono"

"I don't get it what do you want me to stop?"

"I know what this is. You wanna know what makes a Loki tick? You wanna know why i do what i do, and you wanna know why i have so much range."

"Yes.."

"And then your going to make notes, and press the button on this thing to project some key moments of my life. How things are meant to be. Past, present, future. Burdened with glorious purpose. My whole life was a waste of time. "

"Looks like someones read the set list,m. How'd you know all this?"

"Mobius, wait. I need your help."

"Okay, fine. I'm listening."

"How do you choose who lives, and who dies?"

"Prune, we prune. The timekeepers choose who lives and who dies."

"Yeah yeah the timekeepers.." i say, remembering that at this time mobius believed they were real. "They're busy untangling time branches and stuff, right?"

"Yeah you got it." He says

"I know how this works. But they're not doing it, you are. You're the one pruning people."

"No, no.."

"Wheres the comfort in that? Killing people because they were two minutes late to work?"

"Comfort? Well there is no comfort. I mean, once, there was a tva worker who was on a mission to prune someone who had done something. He'd imagined it would be this big scary person, but no. It was an eight year old boy. When he got him, he couldn't prune him. It was too hard. See? No comfort. Eventually, one of the others had to prune him, as hard as it was. But in those couple of seconds, just because he was pruned five seconds after he was meant to be, it caused a big branch. By then, all his other variants had spawned somewhere. A couple hunters died. All because he couldn't see the big picture. You gotta see the big picture." He was talking about himself. I almost feel bad.

"Hmmm.." i say, as my way of understanding

"Most purpose is burden not glory. And trust me, you never wanna be the guy that avoids it."

"And how do you live with it?"

"Scar tissue."

"What happened to your partner?"

"Oh she's fine. She became a judge. She's the reason you're here, and not dust in the tva."

"Renslayer..."

"She knew the hard thing to do was the thing that had to be done."

I look up at him. Feeling the scars around my face getting warmer. Feeling my eyes getting more teary, as i realise.