||| - further away

(Past self) Mobius' pov-

Was that guy i bumped into the same person as the Laufeyson guy i was analysing? They looked dangerously alike.. it was weird. They both had that pitch black hair that you could play with all say. That same shape that you could wrap yourself around.

But it's nothing more than a guy that did evil things. Of course i don't like him. Romance isn't a thing down here at the tva. But..could it be? I don't know what it is, but ever since that Leo Keith guy bumped into me it set something off. Like the moment we bumped into each other i was flying. Could he feel it too?

I doubt it. But be did seem like he did. What if he was loki from the future.. but that's impossible. Time passes differently here at the tva, so thats a definite no. Maybe another variant of him? Speaking of which, we are looking for another variant of loki. Wait..what if that was him? i don't want to hurt him..maybe i shouldn't overthink this and just do my job.

Loki's pov:

I'm on my way to o.b's tva workshop. Its kind of complicated to get to, it's like a maze. I still can't believe me and mobius bumped into each other. But what if he's suspicious now because i acted strange. I shouldn't think too hard, nothings going to happen anyway.

I eventually get to the workshop and Sylvie, Casey, b-15, victor and mobius are all surrounding o.b and victor and o.b are having a bromance moment, as Sylvie said.

I quickly budge in and tell everyone that they have to do what they need to do quickly. I hadn't even gotten to the part where they'd made the plan so i had to explain it to them. I spent about two minutes explaining everything, and they probably didn't understand but hopefully they got the idea.

As we're on our way, i think to myself, is anything different? Like, now that i can change the past, can i make something turn out differently? I mean, i know i can but i wonder if anything's different right now as i met mobius before i..well..met him. I find out

"Hey, mobius, i have a question "
"Whats up loki?"
"How did we meet?"
"What are you talking about, are you okay? You seem stressed?" He grabs my shoulder and looks into my eyes
"Oh im just..quizzing you! Just making sure that you haven't..lost your memory"
"Well..okay. I first saw you in the court room. And then i went to analyse you. Thats when we properly met."
"What about before?"
"Well, it's actually funny you ask. Just before i went to the court room, i saw a guy that looked exactly like you. It was real strange. I thought that he was the variant we were looking for until we found Sylvie, funny story."
"Oh, cool. What was he like?"
"Well, he had this charming aura to him, like he always knew what to say and how to say it. He was quite good looking, i can't lie"
After he said that i felt as though i couldn't breath. He thinks i'm good looking, i hope. He thinks im charming, possibly. I don't know if im spiralling but...maybe he feels the same way. No, it's impossible. All of the words he said after, it was like i couldn't hear him. I was so taken by those small words.

Just like magic, timely was already scanning his face and the shutters were open. Mobius was stood next to me with his hands on his hips. God, i wish those were my hands.

My hopes were very high. We were a couple of hours earlier which should be enough time, right? Possibly more than enough.

Ouroboros was talking timely through the steps and me and mobius were stood next to each other. I thought it would be appropriate to start a conversation.

"So, that guy you met who was kinda like me but wasn't me, what would you rate him out of ten?"
"Loki, i'm getting the feeling it was you. What's going on?"
"Okay fine. I've controlled my time slipping and i time slipped to the tva and i accidentally went to far into the past and for me..that moment actually just happened, for you it happened ages ago. So..yeah it was me.."
"Wow. Wait- you keep asking me these questions. Are you scared of what i think of you?"
"Wait nonono not at all! Look, i--"
"Hey, guys, it's working!"
Casey says

Everyone walks over to the big window and see's victor walking towards the thing where you insert the loom. Finally.

I hold up a blue microphone and begin directing him, motivating him. The radiation is slowly ripping the suit off but its okay. He'll survive

"Thats it, there you go. One step at a time, you've got this." I say into the microphone
At last, he's made it
"Well done. Your doing amazing. I'm really proud, we all are. Now insert it."

The loom is clearly heavy, so victor places it on the ground to take a break

"Nonono, victor it will role off, please insert it now, then have a break."

He picks it up and with no hesitation uses his strength to insert the loom and it spins. He's done it

"Now press the green button, go on. It can be a little sticky."

At the corner of my eye, i see mobius looking at me. Hes not looking away. I feel the urge to do something crazy to impress him. Well..i am partly saving the word so..

Victor makes his way back, we all stand proud and he comes back up, still in his suit, without the helmet.

He sits down, exhausted.

We all celebrate, i try to hug mobius but we high five instead. Did he know i was going for a hug?

Then i hear the computer beeping. Somethings wrong. The loom extended the rings but..the timelines keep growling. Scaling problem.

In that moment we learn..the loom will always fail.

The rings and timeline begin to explode again and i feel so tired that i have to start again

Mobius walks up to me, and sits down on the step next to me

"So you have to do it all again now?"
"Unfortunately. But, i'll find away to save us all. I promise" i reply
"I know, loki."

We both look at it explode and i time slip before everyone disappears. Ready for the next one.

°°°

Word count - 1112