X|||- on your own

Loki's pov-

I find myself still there, i'm not sure how long i've been here but i still feel like it's not enough. It's so boring and tiring working and working. I've tried everything. I've gone back as far as i can go in the timeline. Maybe it's fate. Is it fate that, the timeline was supposed to explode? And i'm the one that has to realise that i have to be alone.

Thats it.

I have to find a way for Sylvie not to be there when i'm with he who remains. No president Loki..i need to find out a way so that she doesn't get pruned. But how did she get pruned? We never talked about it.

I get up, and wipe the same tears off my face that have been there for century's.

I time slip back to when i was about to let Sylvie kill he who remains, and i stop and ask her..

"Wait Sylvie one thing" i say urgently

"What? I don't have much time." She says, very clearly annoyed

"Who pruned you?"

"I pruned myself after i found out renslayer was tricking me into being on her side."

"Okay thanks. Now, go ahead."

I time-slip back to where i was before. It may have been 15 minutes ago that i was with Sylvie before i time-slipped but it feels like forever

All of this is making me so angry with her. at least in my present she's not super proud of it. I mean, don't get me wrong, shes the sister i never had, well.., thats not entirely true, but at least shes only tried to kill me like 10 times and not 100 times like hella...

I miss my family. So i'm going to go to he who remains, alone. But i need Sylvie to help me get to the castle..unless we were already in there..

I time-slip to right after i asked her about the pruning thing and pause time, and make her disappear.

He who remains looks at me and starts clapping.

"Wow, wow, wow. Give it up for the great Loki. Who Ive literally seen hundreds of times! But it's fine!"

"Were you expecting this?" I say, trying to trick him like i did before

"Were you expecting this?" He says, in the exact way i said it

"Expect what?" I say

"Loki. Your master plan has nearly been created. I promise.." he gives me jokey puppy eyes

"Shut up. How close am i?"

"You tell me" he grins at me and gives me a dirty look and then chuckles after

I slam my hand on the desk.

"I am NOT here for jokes. You're gonna tell me what to do, or at least give me some kind of clue to where i'm supposed to go next."

"The begging of the story.."

"I cant time-slip to the beginning of the tva because i didn't exist then. You know that."

"Not that one, anyway, lets talk about something else. Hows you and moby woby. I saw that don thing. Cute."

"Why is this any of your business?"

"Uh..every business is my business. I can literally take the thought of a timeline and think of whats happening and boom! It's my business. Like the kiss. How did it make you feel? Hard?"

"I said stop. Please, i don't have time, i beg."

"We literally have all the time in the world. You froze it!"

"Why don't you defend yourself or something? Come on, man. Just like fight back or something?"

"I wanted you to say that. I can't. But you can, i know you can because eventually you'll get what you want. Maybe not everything..but yeah the saving the world thang is on the deal."

"So the answers not here?"

"You tell me. I'm like a clue guy. I don't like giving straight up answers. It's borrriiingg.. so i give clues instead. Tell me a joke."

"A joke? Why?"

"To prove i know everything. And soon you will." He winks at me

"Okay..uhh what did the fish say when it bumped into the wall?" I chose this one because it was my mothers favourite joke. And i tell no lies when i say it was one of the only things that made me smile.

"Ooo! Ooo! Lets see...dam!" He says, sarcastic-enthusiastically

I roll my eyes at him.

"I'm not your answer, you are. You've thought of it but you're scared. I'm here to hint hint to you..that it's fine. Not for you, but everything else to exist. Listen to my hints and somewhere in that growing by the minute heart of yours..you will find the answer."

"Was there a clue in there?"

"Perhaps..go on. You're smart."

"Heart...love? Is it love based?"

"Bingo! Love based."

"Mobius?"

"Was he the first person to pop into your mind when you think of love? Thats cute."

"What do you mean love based. Platonic? Romantic?"

"More like...everything-ic. Like how you love the world..nature..stuff. But thats not platonic thats just a mix. So yeah, a mix of plain, romantic and platonic love."

"Is that an answer or a clue?"

"Both. Answer if your super smart, clue if your just smart."

"Okay..uhh...gosh um. Do i keep trying? I mean im trying out of love, technically."

"Kindaaaaaa?"

"Just tell me."

He puts his finger up to unpause time. And Sylvie appears again and runs towards he who remains

"No wait we weren't done!"

"Remember. The beginning." He smiles. As Sylvie stabs him.

"What was that about?" Sylvie asks

"Nothing...lets go.."

She walks through a time door, into a field and makes one for me that closes about fifteen seconds after.

From the beginning..

Of my life?

Of the tva?

Wait...of my life at the tva?

I need to find mobius.

For a very important chat.

°°°

Word count- 989