Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Ella’s POV:

Ever since that incident, Nathan has always been MIA in the morning and is always late in meeting us, me and Roxanne, in the cafeteria. Yet, none of us dared speak about it in fear that thing might get out of hand…

Today was no exception… In the morning , I was again greeted by Roxanne and was accompanied by her to our class…

While waiting for the teacher, she started a conversation….

“Have you noticed the way Nathan has been acting these days?”

“Of course I do notice. It’s just that I couldn’t explain why?”

“Don’t you really notice it?”

“Don’t notice what?”

“The way he acts around Bianca.”

“What about it?”

“The reason why he is always late in homeroom period is because he pick her up at her house. Then he carries her bag for her…then  during lunch he would always drop by to her class and walk with her on the way to the cafeteria. He’s really desperate now!”

That ruined my day… Speaking of the devil, he came in just in time and greeted us… I just turned to him and smiled…

I couldn’t concentrate with the lessons (again) because of the tightening of my heart…

Little did I know that I was up for a greater and much more painful surprices

“Guys, I have to tell you something..”

“What is it Nathan?”

“I’m going to ask her out..”

Boom! My heart crashed into piece the moment he said that… I tried to stop my tears which are threathing to flow any time soon….

In order to hide my teary eyes, I turned away from him and I glanced at Roxanne and I caught her staring at me with such worried eyes …she can’t possibly know, right?

“Are you sure about this?” she asked him.

“Of course! I’m not going to let her go for that Daniel guy!”

“Excuse me…” I said and made a run for it….

I Just can’t take this anymore… I knew this moment was going to come. I have always prepared myself for this…  but why does it still hurt so much?!!

I just let my feet lead me wherever it wanted to take me.. My tears and sobs were just unstoppable… Can someone ssave me from this misery?

I ended up walking outside the school and going back to the playground where we used to play…

That didn’t help at all..that just made  cry even harder … remembering all the my memories with him….

Couldn’t help myself so I just let myself drown in my own tears…

Then my phone buzzed…

I got a message from him…

TO: Ella

From: Nathan

Where the heck are you? We need to talk.

Other than that there were also missed calls from him…

He must be worried so I texted him…

TO: Nathan

From: Ella

I’m here at the subdivision’s playground. Don’t worry I’m fine…

Then he replied..

TO: Ella

From: Nathan

Stay there and wait for me!

Was he mad?  

After a few minute he came wearing a serious expression…

“What do you think you’re doing? You got us worried sick about you! You walked out and ditched school without even telling us where you’re going! What if something bad happened to you?”

I wasn’t really in the mood so out of irritation I scremed back:

“Why trying are you trying meddle with my life?! Why do you care so much?!”

“And  you’re putting me into bad light for worrying about you?! Ella, you have been acting weird these days! You’re always in a low mood and is all ways spacing out! And  now, your acting all like a rebellious student! Now, tell me is it worng to worry?! Ella, I’m your best friend, but you always tell me everything but not this time! When I ask yo what is the matter, YOU DON’T EVEN TELL ME WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLOEM?!!! DON’T YOU EVEN TRUST ME??!!!”

I am crying now..

“WHY?! IF I TELL YOU THAT YOU’RE MY PROBLEM WOULD YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT?!!!”

“me?” he said softly this time

“YES, YOU!!!! ARE YOU THAT STUPID OR YOU’RE JUST THAT NAÏVE?!!  IF I TELL YOU THAT THE REASON WHY I’M ALWAYS SPACING OUT IS BECAUSE I KEEP ON THINKING ABOUT YOU WOULD YOU BE HAPPY?!! IF I TELL THAT I’M ALWAYS IN A LOW MOOOD BEACUASE I GET JEALOUS AND HURT WHEN I SEE YOU GIVING YOUR EVERYTHING TO BIANCA, WOULD YOU CONSIDER MY FEELINGS?!! Most importantly, if I tell you that the reason why in  I am not myself for the past days is because I  HAVE LOVED YOU EVER SINCE would it change a thing?!!?  NO RIGHT!!?? So what’s the use of doing so?” I finished

I ran out of his sight and rush all they way to our house. I locked  myself inside ym room and cried myself to sleep…

Nathan’s POV:

I just stood there dumfounded. And waiting for every detail of Ella’s confession sink in….

When it did….

“GOSH! Why didn’t I see that??!!”

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW!!!???!!!