Chapter 23: Meredith

What a start to my day.

This morning when I woke up to the banging on Carter's door. I all but forgot that it was his family on the other side and not my mother, trying to quiz me on my night at the dance. Also scolded me at the same time for being out so late. Yet when Joanna's sweet, like honey voice, came through the door mixed with Carter's husky voice that's a bit irregular; I knew for sure that I was not at home in my own comfy sheets I looked up at him as I snuggled up against his side. The feeling of his skin against mine set my mind into motion.

My mind went back to last night when I asked him to see me, and he refused. Carter thought he was being a gentleman, trying not to take advantage of me. Yet I may have been a little buzzed, but when I asked him, I was speaking from deep inside. Maybe it was my liquid courage or who knows, but his words replayed in my head. Was last night my own opportunity? Because I respected his wishes and not fought him on it, does that mean my chance is over just like that? Before it even began?

"Good morning, Bug." he said as he ran his fingers through my hair.

Mere you need to take charge; you need to take what you want. So I did, and it was honestly terrifying, but it was amazing. Kissing Carter felt like the missing pieces of my life that didn't make sense were put into place. I could kiss him all day, and I would've if we didn't get interrupted.

"Mindy, are you going to eat that?" Seth asked as he shoved a pickle into his mouth and pointed my pickle off to the side of my sandwich. Yup, now I'm spending my day with Carter and the guys and watching them pile as much food as it would to fed a small village into their mouths.

"You can have it if you want." I answered back. He reached over to my plate when Carter smacked his hand away.

"Her name is Meredith, Seth. I know you know it." Seth frowned.

"I'm stupid, Carter. I know her name."

"Then start calling her by it." he growled. Clearly, Carter didn't get enough beauty sleep last night. I jumped into the conversation.

"It's fine. It's kind of like an inside joke. Right Seth?" I look into his eyes pleading and hoping he gets the hint so we can move.

"Yeah man, an inside joke." Carter sighed. I rubbed his arm and took a sip of my drink when Brandon decided to help change the topic.

"So Mere, are Carter and you a thing now, or are you two just fooling around?"

I don't have to react or gain control of my body that I lost when he spoke the question I think everyone is dying to know; myself included. My Mountain Dew sprays out of my mouth and hits its target. Sadly, that target was Patrick. Oh poop balls.

"What the fuck!" He hollered

Patrick jumped out of his seat screaming. His crisp white shirt had fallen victim to the yellowish green goodness. He grabbed a napkin and started dabbing at the spot that seemed to just get the more I looked at it. The guys around the table did little to hold back their laughter.

"Pat I am so sorry, let me help you."

I grabbed my napkin as I took to my feet, but in the process I stumbled, shaking the table as I grabbed it for balance. Which to no one surprise caused Pat's only soda to tumble over and pour right into his shoes. Whoever is controlling my sim character must be taking a bathroom break or something, because anything that could go wrong is. Next the stove is good to catch on fire. Then like clockwork waiters started going around asking everyone to step outside, because you guessed it. A stove was on fire.

We stood in the parking lot of Alley when Patrick changed into a pair of extra clothes he had in his hockey bag.

"Pat, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to ruin your clothes."