Chapter 21: Meredith

Hi, chickapoos! I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for supporting my story it means so much. I hope you enjoy this chapter. ❤️

Connie and I are singing our hearts out to Taylor Swift as we dance around the dance floor. Also, I would like to say that with the number of girls also singing along or more screaming the lyrics out, you would think this is a cult of heart broken girls.

"If you could see that I'm the one,Who understands you!" Connie sang as she spun me around.

"Been here all along. So, why can't you see?" I sang back to her and returned the spin. She laughs as we both belted out;

"You belong with me!"

Once the song was over, I tried to catch my breath while Connie grabbed my hand and led the way to the refreshment table. She handed me a bottle of water and sipped her bottle. I took a sip and stepped to the side so I wasn't in the way.

"That was so much fun." She said as she followed my lead to let others get a drink. I gave her a nod and looked around the room. To a stranger, you may not even notice, but almost 24 hours ago, this was just the Acadia High old cafeteria. Now it's like we are in a crystal ball. With navy blue and gold everywhere.

"Let's go find the guys."

With the music being loud, I just sent a nod in her direction. That was enough reassurance for her, and off she whisked me away in search of the guys. Which shouldn't be too hard. I mean, they are tall, big hockey players. They kind of stick out like a sore thumb. Also, the cluster of girls surrounding the table they sat at really made it next to impossible, not to notice. As my eyes scanned the table, they landed on two gray orbs soaking my presence.

I smiled back at him, unable to control my facial features. I can feel the tingles buzzing around my body, and the longer he keeps his eyes glued to me. The more the tingles expand all from out my body. As Connie and I approach the table, Seth gets up and gives his seat to Connie.

"Here you go, my lady." He said with one of his goofy smiles.

I smiled at the smile that painted her face; where the corners of her lips almost touched her eye. If that blush wasn't on, her face would be as red as a cherry tomato. I was in a trance, mesmerized by the love these two clearly have for each other. Seth sat beside her and whispered something into her ear that had every inch of showing skin turn pick. Big goofy Seth has a potty mouth? I'll have to make a mental note to ask her about it.

A hand reached out and took hold of my hand. I didn't have to look to know who it was because the minute his fingertips touched mine. My heart started doing cartwheels. I looked to my right where Carter sat, pulling me lightly to him.

"Don't you want to sit, Bug?"

"Yes, I believe this is the point where you offer your seat to your date."

He smirked as he leaned back in his chair.

"Come have a seat. It's all yours."

Oh, this boy is something else. I bit my lower lip as I took in Carter sitting there with that famous smirk of his. I moved and slowly sat on his lap as his hands came up to my waist to guide me.

"Are you comfortable?" He said into the shell of my ear. I tried to gather my thoughts.

"Yes.. I am."

"Good." He all but growled as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back into him. Oh, Lord, have mercy on my soul.

**************