Chapter 15: Meredith

Hey, chickapoos, I'm sorry for not posting in a bit. I've been sick for a while, but I'm working on getting back into the swing of it. With that being said, I hope you enjoy!

I walked through the doors that Carter pointed out, and I was hit with a wall over coldness. I wrapped my arms around myself and made my way over to the glass that divided the ice from the stands. So this is Carter's element. His stomping grounds, or should I say his skating ice? Haha. Arms came out from behind me and pulled me close.

"Mere, are you okay?" Connie said with her voice muffled as she talked into my back. I love her so much. I turned around and hugged her.

"I'm fine, really."

She grabbed my face and made me look into her eyes.

"If those bitches EVER pull something like that again you tell me! Understood?!"
I nod and put my forehead to hers.

"Understood."

Connie took my hand and pulled me over to the spot she claimed as her own in the stands. We sat down and she put a blanket over our laps. Then it hit me.

"Connie, what exactly are you doing here, may I ask?"

Her face turned a little pink and she handed me a water bottle.

"Here you must be thirsty."

I smiled at her shyness. This is a different side of her I haven't gotten to really see before. She is always so confident and outgoing. I have seen her go atit with a McDonald's employee for only giving her 9 nuggets. Yes, we do count them. It truly is a crime if you don't. She sipped her water and I took in the tiny necklace hanging around her neck. The one Seth gave her the other day.

The hockey came out on the ice filling the once quiet rink with loud chaos. My eyes instantly went to Carter and he moved so fast across the ice it was as if he was flying. I watched as his skates kicked up ice as he went. I turned back to Connie.

"Maybe Seth asked you to come watch him?" I asked as I took a sip of my water.

"He might have mentioned it to me."

I smiled as she looked over at me and her smile grew. We both did a little happy dance; stopped, looked at ourselves and started laughing. I moved a piece of hair that fell into my face as I looked and deep gray eyes smiled at me. I, being me, did the only logical thing to come to mind. I waved back at him which made him chuckle a bit.

Connie and I chatted as we showed the boys practice. We even took turns looking up hockey facts so we weren't completely in the dark. Everything was at peace and I all but forgotten how my day started.

"I thought we were friends?!"

I turned around and Lauren stood there with her arms folded across her chest. It looked like she just got her nails done and her hair was on point.

"Um... we are?" I said, confused about how we became unfriends. She sat down beside us.

"You guys went to a party! And not just that but you spent the whole time with the hottest guys in school."

Connie looked back at the guys who looked to be finishing up.

"We invited you and you said you were busy."

I mean she did have a point; we did invite Lauren.

"No! You said to hang out. That is different."

Oh okay. She had a point there too. I guess it's my turn.

"It was a misunderstanding I'm sure."

"No, you guys then spent the whole weekend with them! And look at where we are sitting!"