Chapter: 10 Meredith

274 Danika Cove.

That's all it said. Carter sent it to me before I even left the parking lot. If I'm being honest, I freaked out a bit . I haven't replied back, and I honestly don't know if I have to. Was he waiting for my reply? No, but you can bet I called Connie and told her right when I pulled into my driveway. That's how we ended up here at this very moment.

"Stop moving, Mere, or you'll get burnt." Connie pulled the straightener through my hair. I looked up at her in the mirror. She had on a short red spaghetti strap dress that stopped above her knees and hugged her in all the places. She curled her long blonde hair that fell right at her shoulders.

"You look beautiful, Connie." She smiled and put the straightener down.

"Just as beautiful as you Mere baby." She combed her fingers through my hair as we both took in my outfit in front of the mirror. I had on a satin black lace V-neck crop top that I paired with ripped shorts that ended mid thigh.

"Let's go get our party on!" She shouted as she slipped on her heels she brought over with her. I laughed and put on my black heels. As we made our way out, I left a quick note on the side table by the door for my mom, then off to Connie's car we went.

"Did you hear back from Lauren?"

"Nope, not a word. I guess she didn't want to party." We both looked at each other and laughed.

"What did you say in your text?" I asked as I checked my phone as it went off in my hand.

"Where are you at Bug?" Carter's text read, and I quickly sent back. "Coming!" I stared at my phone, waiting for a response that never came.

"Hello, Earth to Mere. I said I told her we were hanging out tonight." I glance at her.

"You didn't mention the party?" She shook her head.

"You know I must've forgotten when I rushed over to your place." She shrugged.

We turned onto the street that had some of the nicer houses in town on it. You know your family had money if you lived in one of these houses. I was so in awe, taking in the beautiful houses that I almost didn't realize Connie had already parked the car. I looked at the numbers on the house.

"Connie, this isn't the house."

"Oh, I know, but this is as close as we are going to get." She gestured to all the kids around us, walking to the one house clustered with people.  We both got out and followed everyone in the direction of the house. The closer we got, the more the beat of the music vibrated the ground. I stopped at the path leading up to the front door while I  fidgeted with my fingers.

"What's wrong?" She stopped and looked back at me.

"I don't think I can do this. I feel out of place. We don't usually go to parties. What if I make an idiot of myself?" She grabbed my hand and gave me one of her reassuring smiles.

"Stop worrying. We are just here to have fun like everyone else. I won't leave you unless you say so. Plus Carter fucking Hayes invited you; I'm pretty sure that means you are wanted here more than anyone else."

I felt the panicked feeling leave my chest. She was right. I am wanted here; I mean Carter gave me the address to come. Before going inside I checked my phone and still nothing from him. We walked in and it was packed just like the front yard with people everywhere. It was almost impossible to move without touching anyone. I glanced around for Carter quickly as Connie pushed our way through the sea of people into one of the most luxurious kitchens I have ever seen.