SIX; PERVERT

2467 words

"You're supposed to pay for that before you start eating it

"You're supposed to pay for that before you start eating it."

Brandon was giving me judgement eyes but I ignored him and popped another donut into my mouth.

"Apparently I'm buying everything anyway. What's the big deal if I eat it now or later?"

He chuckled a little, "you offered to pay."

"I hardly think complaining their snacks are crap constitutes as offering."

I opened a box of nerds and tipped a bunch onto my tongue. The additives were not going to do a thing for my hyperactivity.

"I stand corrected, they said if you weren't happy with the snacks on offer you should buy your own, you stubbornly agreed."

He snatched the food from me, I opened a pack of twinkies.

"Stop, you are going to get us arrested in a minute."

He browsed around the store, his hands full of things I had dumped on him or he had confiscated.

"This is turning out expensive."

"It's fine. I'll be in a worse mood if I have to watch the dumb movie with twizzlers and plain lays."

"You've had a gob on for days. Why?"

I bit into my Twinkie really aggressively.

"I had a fight with Tia the night of Neil's party and I'm not over it." I tore open a pack of sour patch gummies and stuffed my face with them.

"Neil's party was like six days ago. You always fight with Tia, what happened?"

"Nothing, forget it. I'll get over it."

He was right though. We always fight. But this time felt different, this time I found myself dwelling over her poisonous words all week.

I don't know why it bothered me so much. We love to not get along. I guess this argument felt real. There was conviction behind her words and an intent to hurt.

We turned into the 'panic aisle' and Brandon stopped still. "Wow, why are the shelves so empty?"

"Hurricane season." His hazel eyes widened with alarm and I had to laugh. "You get used to it. When a hurricane is on the way people panic buy incase their water gets shut off or they lose power."

"Shouldn't we be buying this stuff?"

"Nah. By the time it reaches us it's probably downgraded into a tropical storm. Honestly, the locals are used to it, happens every year."

He didn't look anymore reassured. This was Brandon's first year in America, I guess the thought of a hurricane is intimidating to a first timer.

"It will be fine. Big J will take care of you."