❦𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚙❦

|Fairchild Estate|
|Monday|
|13:45|

Kate startled as documents were thrown in front of her by Ms Grose. She looked around confused about her surroundings. Not a few seconds ago, Kate was driving with the kids out of the estate. She was seated in the dining table. Quickly she looked through the papers. Each drawing looked familiar, but at the same time it didn't.

One drawing had caught her eyes. It was as if though a car has rode out of the gates. Ms Grose walked towards the door. Kate turned around to look at her almost confused. The caretaker looked back at Kate.

"Let's hope whatever your mother has, isn't genetic." Ms Grose said and left.

She shakily put the drawing down. She got up from the chair and looked for the three kids. Slowly, she had walked into the East Wing. She looked at them as they were laughing. Kate gripped the papers in her hand. She walked into the room slowly.

They had noticed her and stopped laughing. She noticed their demeanor changing. Flora stood at the stairs as Liam and Miles were seated next to each other on two chairs.

"Shh!" Miles shushed Flora.

"What are you guys doing in here?" She asked them in a confused tone.

"Hanging out." Liam replied.

"Yeah, we're just talking. No need to get angry with us." Miles said

"I thought...nevermind." Kate sighed.

That's when she looked in the mirror. She turned as she looked at the corner. There was nothing there, but it startled Flora. Kate turned to the young girl as she looked back to Kate.

"You saw him? You saw Quint?" Kate asked her.

"No, I didn't." Flora answered her.

The two girls argued with each other. Kate accidentally broke Flora's doll. The little girl started crying and yelling that Kate broker her. Miles and Liam got up and Liam comforted the small girl. Kate was lying there confused and hurt. She didn't know what to do.

Kate offered to fix it for her. Flora only hugged Liam tighter, afraid of his sister. Liam put a protective arms over her as he looked at Kate with angry eyes; his eyes said a lot what his mouth couldn't. Kate couldn't understand why Liam was mad at her.

"You can't fix her, she's broken. Just. Like. You." Miles said.

Liam and Miles walked Flora out of the room. They left Kate dealing with her thoughts.

{§}

Twenty-seven year old, Liam and Miles walked into the asylum. They had been married for over seven years now. Though, Liam insisted to tell his sister all about it. She had gone insane the night she left the place in a hurry. Liam was left alone with Quint and Ms Grose having to take care of him. He and Miles grew closer together and found comfort.

After finding out that Jessel had signed into an asylum, they had been frequently visiting her. They were hoping that she'd get better. After all, the medication helped her. She had a sense of reality to her which made her easier to talk to. Liam carries flowers with him. He always did once every month when they'd visit.

They walked into the room. Jessel was sitting in the middle of the empty pool. She had her dose of meds already; they were informed by the lady at the reception desk. Liam kept her monitored daily, hoping that she would snap out of her mental state, but that hasn't happened yet.

"Hey, Jessel." Liam said.

"Liam." She said and turned to him.

"In the flesh." Liam joked. "How are you feeling?" He asked her.

"I...I don't know." She said. "Miles?" She asked confused.

"Hey, Ms Jessel." He greeted.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"He's my husband, Jessel." Liam answered.

"You two had gotten your happy ending?" She asked them.

"Yeah, seven years now." Miles answered her.

"Congratulations, you two." She told them.

They nodded at her. Liam had told her before, but then it was when they got engaged. Now, they were married, but he hasn't seen her for over seven years and telling her felt right. The two men turned around and walked towards the door. Liam turned around and looked at her sadly.

"I hope you fair well, Jessel." He said and left the room with Miles.

"She needs therapy." Miles told him.

"I know, but she didn't want it." Liam agreed with him.

"What he did to her, wasn't right. If only Ms Grose just called the authorities." Miles sighed.

"She's okay now, Miles." Liam told him.

"Sometimes I wonder which one of us actually cared about her." Miles joked.

"We both do, but sometimes it's impossible to." Liam smiled at him.

They left the asylum. Liam got into the passenger seat and Miles into the driver seat. He started the car and they rode away from the asylum. They drove back to the estate. It was their home. They were living in it along with Flora.

Quint and Ms Grose had passed away. Ms Grose due to age and Quint due to drowning. The house was in Miles' name so he kept it. It has only ever been him, Liam and Flora in that house.

--------------------------------------------------
Plot twist, so let it be