❦𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚝 𝙾𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛❦

|Fairchild Estate|
|Tuesday|
|09:30|

Liam walked into the room. He woke up a little later than Kate had. To his surprise, he actually had a good sleep without any interruptions. It seemed like the spirits were listening to them. He wouldn't be shocked if they did, the house was their property and they had the right to roam it. It did scare him how he was the only between him and Kate that didn't have any nightmares.

He noticed a curly haired boy sitting next to Flora, who was getting tickled by him. Liam supposed that it was her older brother, Miles. Both Kate and Liam got the news from Ms Grose and Flora that he would be coming back today. Kate noticed him and smiled at him.

"It's nice to see that you're finally awake." Kate said.

"Yeah, I guess." Liam said confused.

The raven-haired boy turned around and looked at him, which caught Liam off guard. Miles wasn't at all what Liam expected him to be. He was actually good looking and had mesmerizing eyes. He had freckles that spread like galaxy on his face. He seemed about Liam's height. The raven-haired boy got up and walked towards him.

"I'm Miles." Miles introduced himself.

"Yeah, I know. We heard about you, yesterday." Liam replied.

"Liam, show him your wrist." Flora said which surprised Liam.

"Uhm, I'm not sure, Flora." Liam replied.

"What's on you wrist?" Miles asked curiously.

"A spider is on his wrist." Flora told him.

Miles turned to look at him. Liam looked away from the boy. He'd give anything to disappear right now, even his own sister. He didn't think that Flora would mention it to Miles. Since, they had just met and knew nothing about the other. He didn't mind Flora telling Miles about the widow on his wrist.

It was that the spider tattoo held more meaning to him than what Flora thought. It was something that he never shared with anyone. Not even Kate knew why he had the tattoo since he only told her that he wanted a tattoo for fun. Though, the tattoo held more meaning to him. In a way the tattoo represented him and his emotions. He knew if he told anyone about them, like how the Black Widow was poisonous, he was too.

He knew if he told anyone, they'd push him away and call him a freak. Maybe even worse names could've been said. The spider covered up his scars from when he attempted. When he thought that the world didn't need him anymore. That was the point of the spider, it hid a part of him that he didn't want anyone to see. Not if he doesn't trust them enough to tell him what he was hiding beneath that tattoo.

"A spider?" Miles asked.

"It's nothing, just a Black Widow." Liam replied.

Liam didn't hate Flora for telling Miles. She was still a kid and Liam understood that. Last night when she saw him tattoo, it was completely by accident. When he put her to bed, she hugged him and pushed his clothing up a little. He decided to tell her that it was just a tattoo and nothing more. Miles was another case and wasn't like Flora at all.

"I gotta show you something." Miles told him.

Flora went back to Kate. Liam followed after Miles, who was leading him to a room. Specifically, Miles' room which was told not to be entered in unless Miles was here. The room was a reasonable size and had a built-in bathroom. There was an electric guitar and a drum set in the corner of his room. He assumed that Miles was really interested in music and practiced it himself.