❦𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚊❦

|Fairchild estate|
|Monday|
|12:30|

"Holy shit! This place looks amazing." Liam said as he looked around, outside of the car.

It had been a long drive to this place. Liam kept complaining that it was a lost cause. Now that he was in the place, he took his statement back. The place was huge and it looked like it was owned by rich people. Of course, his older sister got a job that required her to teach a rich kid. It did surprise him a lot that she got the job.

Kate parked right in front of the mansion. Both of the siblings walked towards the main entrance. A woman looked at the two of them. She had expected a young woman, not a teenage boy with her.

"Hi, I'm Kate." Kate introduced herself. "This is Liam, my younger brother." She added.

"I didn't know you were going to bring a child with you." The woman said.

"It's summer, lady. I have nothing to do and she practically forced me to come." Liam replied sarcastically.

"Quite a mouth on you." The woman stated. "Follow me." She said.

They walked into the house. It was huge and considering how it looked on the outside, it was much better on the inside. The two siblings followed the woman around the house. She made it clear that there were parts of the house that couldn't be explored by anyone. Liam kept note on where to go and where to stay out of. If anything, there should be a warning on the house for paranormal activity.

It wasn't like Liam didn't know why they were restricted from some sections, it was obvious why they weren't allowed there. He knew that this place was haunted. He felt like someone or something was watching him and he decided to follow the rules, if he wanted to be alive and well for the next month or so. There was something odd in the house that also gave him a clue. There was a lot of mirrors in the house. Mirrors were known to be portals to other dimensions.

As they followed Ms Grose; through introduction learning her name, they were in the kitchen. He noticed her telling Kate what to expect from Flora when teaching her. She also explained how many of the teachers had quit after a week.

"Oh and Miles will be returning tomorrow for summer break." She noted.

"Who's Miles?" Liam asked confused.

"He's a boy about your age. Flora's older brother." She informed him.

"Cool." Liam replied.

"I believe that you two will get along nicely. You both are almost alike." Ms Grose said.

Liam nodded and followed Kate outside. They went into the stable, looking for Flora. Apparently she liked hiding. Kate went deeper into the stable, searching for the little girl. Liam took in the place and noticed how big it was. It was quite the size, considering that there were two horses.

Kate got startled by a dark stallion and it brought Liam back to reality. He noticed how Flora ran out of a stable and behind Kate. She seemed a lot more ecstatic to see Kate. He couldn't blame her. After all the teachers she went through, Kate seemed to be a good person to her.

"Hi." Flora greeted him.

"Hey." Liam said.

"Are you Kate's brother?" She asked him.

"Yeah." Liam replied.

Flora nodded at him. They went out of the stable and back into the house. The two siblings followed Flora suit. The girl showed them the house and where she slept. She also showed the bedroom that Liam and Kate would be sharing. She also showed them the East Wing of the house, where no one actually goes in.

Liam stared at the room a bit. It was dark and there wasn't any light whatsoever. Something seemed off about that room. Something that Liam was going to avoid the rest of his stay. He followed back with the other two girls again. They ended up in Flora's room, which looked amazing and beautiful.

"You guys will be meeting Miles tomorrow. He's a really nice person." Flora told them.

"I take it, he's as nice as the Grinch." Liam joked.

"I think you two would be friends. He has a pet spider and you have a tattoo of one." She said.

"It's a Black Widow and I beg to differ on that, kid." He told her.

Slowly after the conversation, Flora fell asleep. Liam and Kate left the room. They went upstairs to the room that they'd share. Liam wasn't exactly a big fan of that. Especially having it to share with his older sister that annoyed him. Maybe not her personality, but having to brag about getting a job, really ticked him off.

Liam lookes at the porcelain doll that Flora had shown them earlier when she gave a tour. There was something off about that doll. He felt like it was watching him in some kind of way. He shook the feeling off as he laid down. He wasn't going to be moving the doll, nor look at its direction. Though, Kate had different plans than him, she was the one who moved the doll.

When she came back, Liam gave her a shocked look as if to tell her 'what the hell'. She rolled her eyes at Liam and laid down onto the bed.

"You shouldn't have moved the doll." Liam said and looked at her.

"It was creepy." Kate told him.

"It is their property, Kate." Liam replied back.

"Whatever, I don't believe in that ghost shit." She said back with an annoyed tone.

"I'm sorry, have you seen the amount of mirrors in this house?" Liam asked sarcastically.

"So what about them?" Kate asked sceptically.

"There are spirits in this house. We shouldn't be provoking them." Liam told her.

Kate turned around and ignored him. He sighed, giving up on warning her. It was her fault if she died in the house due to her incompetence. Liam turned to his side and closed his eyes. He was at least going to attempt to get some sleep. That was if his sleep wasn't filled with nightmares.

--------------------------------------------
First chapter is short cuz my brain don't work