22. Adrien?!

Alya's POV:

"Adrien?!" We say at the same time.

Lunamoth froze, her eyes wide as she clenched onto his ring. It was Adrien all this time... I thought before another rock flew in our direction. Her eyes instantly turned back to me and smirked. I quickly ran up to her with the energy I had left ignoring all the pain shooting through me. She put the ring on and transformed immediately.

"Plagg, Nooroo unify!" She said as the familiar costume took over. Exactly how Marinette explained it. "Cataclysm!" She said as I stopped as she took a few steps towards me.

"Don't!" I said backing up, fear in my voice.

"Don't worry!" She said smiling. "I won't cataclysm you like I did to Ladybug!" She said stopping. "But..." This couldn't be good. "You're going to either hand me your miraculous or make Adrien suffer!" She said gesturing to him. He was currently passed out on the ground next to her, blood running down his face.

"You wouldn't!" I said. Fear washed over me as she picked him up and held the cataclysm close to him, his head hanging low. I watched her with wide eyes.

"You sure about that? I would gladly do it in an instance, he isn't wearing his suit to protect him. He'll turn to dust instantly!" She said laughing. "You have 5 seconds to make up your mind!" She said.

"Lucky-" She put her hand closer.

"Finish that sentence and he's gone!" She said angrily.

"F-fine..." I said taking off an earring as my costume was slowly disappearing. My white shoes were now in sight. I should've called up more heroes before going into this. Before I pulled off another earring, a large rock flew right over my head and hit Lunamoth as she fell. I put my other earring back on as I placed her hand on the thrown rock as I took the ring off her. She grabbed my wrist.

"You're not getting away with this!" She exclaimed. Attempting to grab the ring back as I pulled away quickly. She got up and tried to hit me with her staff as I dodged her walking backwards. I tripped over something as I fell back.

"Plagg, Tikki, unify!" I said as I transformed. "Cataclysm!" I quickly said. Lunamoth's staff flew at my face before I threw my hands in front of my face to stop it. I watched Lunamoth angrily go to Adrien seeing her staff turn to dust. I quickly got up and ran towards them, blood continuing to run down my arm as I kept going and reactivated my cataclysm again in case.

"I WILL DESTROY YOU! ADRIEN, MARINETTE, LADYBUG AND ALL THEIR FRIENDS WHO TURNED ON ME!!!" She yelled holding Adrien by the collar of his shirt. Tears ran down my face as I spoke.

"YOU ALREADY DESTROYED LADYBUG! SHE IS SUFFERING BECAUSE OF YOU, I'M SUFFERING, HE'S SUFFERING!" I pointed to Adrien. "WHAT MORE COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT!!! I yelled, tears stinging my eyes as I threw my yoyo and grabbed Adrien from her. She snapped her fingers, gesturing the villain to come over to us as he did. 

I quickly ran. 

I ran far. 

As fast as I could, holding onto Adrien. 

Crying. 

Stumbling as I ran. 

Taking in all the pain taking over.

Once I was far enough away, I stopped to catch my breath as I set Adrien down and immediately sat down as well. Crying as I held on to my arm, gritting my teeth from the pain. I pulled off the ring as I looked up trying to ease myself. I couldn't use my miraculous ladybug yet, I needed to defeat the villain. I turned to Adrien as his eyes opened, slowly sitting up.