21. Distractions

Lila's POV:

"Julie, where are those files" She asked. Watching her quickly go through the stack of papers she was currently holding as she immediately pulls one out.

"R-right here..." She says hesitantly, handing me a file of everything we know about Ladybug. "She wasn't at the last battle again..." She says fixing her glasses.

"Have you been working on that file for Scarabella then?!" I ask throwing the paper on her desk, we were currently hidden in an underground base I discovered a while ago.

"Sort of-" I grab the file from her hands, anger rises in me.

"There's nothing useful!" I angrily said. "I had the cat miraculous, I was using it but she had to interfere but at least I got something useful out of it." I smirked. "But Scarabella was not part of the plan, but she doesn't seem as confident as Ladybug, even Chat Noir now." I said handing the file back to her.

"I will find more info on Scarabella right away." She said nervously. "H-heres more for Chat Noir" I grabbed the file, glancing through it. "Civilians have been noticing that he's not as engaged as you already know but I've heard something else." She explained as I looked at her.

"Which is?" I asked.

"Well apparently once in a while people have seen Ladybug herself hang out with Chat Noir when akumas aren't around and I feel you could have a good advantage with that." She said smirking.

"Perfect, that'll be very useful!" I said. "Now I need you to be on top of that along with Scarabella's file because I've waited far too long for their miraculouses!" She continued looking at me. "Whenever you hear or see that Ladybug or Chat Noir are out together, let me know instantly as I can go to them and Ladybug is too weak to fight anyways."

"Yes!" She said collecting the papers as I threw on a long black wig with green contacts along with a casual outfit and went outside.

"You've never told me what you're planning to do once you get a hold of the miraculouses...?" He says very hesitantly. "I-is this still about Adrien?" He asks.

"I need that wish to get rid of Marinette!" I exclaimed. "She doesn't deserve anything or anyone, I will make her suffer. She stole Adrien from me and turned everyone against me!" I said angrily. "And no, Adrien hates me more than her, he'll be lucky if I don't get rid of him too. I want my revenge on her after everything she did to me!" I said, walking along empty streets.

"But someone will-" I cut him off.

"I know what the wish does!" I said. "I could care less about what happens to anyone else, but all I know is I'm getting rid of her!" I exclaimed.

"But-" I cut him off again.

"And no more speaking" I said angrily as he immediately stopped and hid in my jacket while I walked into a building.

Marinette's POV:

Me and Adrien later met up to get ice cream as we walked along the streets of Paris as the sun was setting.

"I'm still very sorry for not telling you..." I said as he smiled.

"It's true, I would've liked to know sooner but my father probably didn't want me to know because he was trying to be a good father to me with the time he had left." He said frowning. "Since you were there when everything happened... do you happen to know why he was Monarch?" He asked hesitantly.

I took a deep breath. "Yes..." I said nervously as I gestured to us to sit down as he looked directly at me awaiting an answer. "H-he wanted to bring your mother back..." He clearly started tearing up as he looked down. "But I heard Ladybug explain that when you make a wish, a price has to be paid in return to keep everything in balance..." I said.