12. Hey Kitty

Marinette's POV:

It was now the last few days of September, 2 weeks after I got my permission form and I still have yet to ask my parents about it. I just left my doctors appointment and as usual, they found nothing that can help and it keeps getting worse. Unfortunately I expected this. Adrien has seemed very suspicious recently as the weather is still hot and I'm always in sweaters but hopefully he thinks I still have a bit of the flu. As for after school every Monday, I tell him that I'm going to study at Alya's, but most of the time I just go home and my parents know to not tell him even after a lot of convincing to tell him. It would make more sense if they knew I was Ladybug and it was from a cataclysm but I can't. Scarabella has been my replacement during the time and Alya told me he was a lot less focused and seemed really sad and hurt but he understood why.

I decided I would go to patrol tonight instead of Scarabella. Only for tonight as I haven't seen Chat Noir in over 3 weeks.

Alya was over at my house and we were in fact studying for an upcoming test when I brought up patrol.

"Hey Alya, I was wondering if I could go to patrol just for tonight, just to see how Chat Noir's doing and if there is an issue I'll bring the miraculous back to you." I said also looking at Tikki.

"Marinette-" Tikki started.

"Please, I would be careful. I just feel really bad for him and not only has Alya told me but I've seen it online, Chat Noir isn't doing well and I really want to see him. It's not like I'd be fighting any villains anyways and Rena Furtive can stay close by." I said hoping she'll say yes.

Alya still has the role of Rena Rouge, she's just her when she's helping the team which she can't do anymore, but if she was going undercover, she would continue as Rena Furtive.

"Only for tonight." She said.

"Oh my gosh thank you!" I told her very excitedly.

"Well patrol is starting now anyways but please be careful for me and your parents and especially Adrien." She said taking off the earrings and handing them to me. I pulled my hair away from my ear. I also wear my hair down and It's much longer as I let it grow out over the years and when I'm Ladybug, my lucky charm version of my costume adapted to my normal one so my old one is long gone and the pigtails are still there though.

"I will I promise, now TIKKI SPOTS ON!" I said happily watching the pink light surround me as my costume appears. I still felt a bit tired but I would make sure I'd be careful and I took my medicine earlier after my appointment.

I leap out the window running along the rooftops. Off to see Chat Noir, I was so happy I completely ignored my tiredness and kept going, It's been too long.

I find him sitting on a bench by the Louvre. We always planned different spots every night just in case. Alya said that he would be here tonight. I see him sitting on a bench with his head hung looking at something and when I slowly walk closer, I see he's texting Scarabella. He's probably wondering where she is and I immediately tap him on the shoulder. and his green eyes shoot towards mine.

"L-ladybug!" He says confused but happily as he instantly gets up and gives me a hug.

"Hey kitty." I say as I hug him back tightly.

"W-what're you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home resting!" He says not releasing me from the hug.

"I am don't worry, I have medicine to help but I decided to come see you for tonight since It's been too long and I miss you, but I won't be fighting at all." I say tearing up as I'm so happy to see him again. My partner in crime for the past 3 years and being away from him for as short as 3 weeks hurts.

"Well I'm happy to see you M'lady and I'm happy you're doing better." He says finally releasing me from the hug.

"I'm happy too and I am doing better but how have you been?" I say leaving out the fact that I'm slowly getting worse day by day. Even my headache is slowly coming back but I ignore it.

"Well uh, my girlfriend has been sick recently and busy but hopefully she'll be better soon. I feel so bad for her, I can't say more though as that my identity could be at risk." He says giving me a warm smile.

"I'm sure she'll be okay kitty." I say to him.

"I hope so but for now do you want to do something?" He says.

"I think I have a purrfect idea." I say waiting for him to realize.

"I see M'lady has been using some puns recently." He says laughing.

"I guess so." I reply laughing. "How about..." I think then I call out my lucky charm as I get a car. Exactly what I needed.

"Um M'lady what's that for?" He says referring to the car.

"I was thinking about patrol. Instead of running around Paris, we could drive and blast music and don't you think I don't know what music you've started liking over the past few years." I say smirking.

"Taylor Swift!" We both say at the same time laughing.

Shortly after, Chat Noir is driving as he insisted and I decide to play Out of the Woods by her 1989 album.

"BUT WE WERE IN SCREAMING COLOURS AND I REMEMBER THINKING!!!" We both sang loudly as the windows were down. I miss having fun like this with Chat Noir.

"SAY YOU'LL SEE ME AGAIN, EVEN IF IT'S JUST PRETEND... SAY YOU'LL REMEMBER ME. STANDING IN A NICE DRESS, STARING AT THE SUNSET BABE!" We continued singing Wildest Dreams and every song on the album. I think this one's our favourite.

After a while I became very tired and as I insisted on staying, Chat Noir was telling me I need to make sure I have enough rest and I couldn't continue disagreeing once my headache started getting worse.

"I'll see you another time I promise." I said hugging him once more.

"That's purrfectly okay with me M'lady." He said, his turn with the pun as he hugged me back.

Eventually I left to go home and went through my trap door to see Alya studying for her upcoming test. I'll study for mine later.

"Spots off." I say as they look at me as I head down the ladder on my loft bed.

"Hey girl, glad to see you look happy and alive." She says as I start laughing.

"Tonight was actually great and I'm starting to get really tired, but It's only because we were driving while screaming Taylor Swift lyrics." I say while yawning, I'm happy that I have been in my pajamas since we started studying. "You can stay over if you want as you're also in your pajamas and you can use my couch. In the morning you can transform and head home." I explain as I take off the earrings, handing them to her.

"First off I can stay over and I'm not even going to question the music you were singing since I think I already know and who knows where you even got the car." She says taking the earrings and putting them on.

"Well I'm going to bed now, goodnight." I say yawning once again whilst climbing up the ladder up to my bed.

"Goodnight." she says as she turns the lights off and heads to the couch in my room.

All I remember thinking before I fell asleep was 'I had the best day, with you today.'