Chapter 26

Maybe I'm the problem? At this point I don't even know anymore.

I stare at the pond in front of me, I honestly don't know where I even am right now. I didn't stay to watch the race, I left halfway through sent Charles a message saying I felt sick and just left.

And after walking around the streets of Spain I ended up in a random park bench contemplating vanishing of the face of the earth, I wonder if the people in Alaska would like me? I should just get a cabin there and spend the rest of my days reading and drinking coffee. Ughhh if only it was that easy.

An old elderly man sits down next to me and opens what looks like a neatly wrapped sandwich, it looks really good and my stomach rumbles clearly agreeing, not only am I extremely embarrassed right now but also very hungry.

" Here" the old man says in a thick Spanish accent, and hands me one of the slices, "Oh it's no need but thank you" I politely decline not wanting to selfishly eat this man's sandwich,

" Stop being stubborn boy, take it." He shoves the bread into my hand since he is not taking no as an answer.

The moment I take a bite, it feels like I have tasted heaven, it may be the fact I haven't eaten at all today but still this ordinary sandwich tastes delicious.

"So tell me what a young man like you are doing mopping in the park, you surely have the looks that would make all the girls want you, so what are you doing eating a piece of this old man's sandwich on a Sunday afternoon?"

I let out a sigh, " That's the thing, I don't want girls to want me I want guys, well more specifically one particular guy but it seems he doesn't want me anymore." I putt my face in my hands letting the tears fall.

The old man gently pats my back, " Ah so not girl trouble, but boy trouble, I know what that is like but instead of calling it homosexuality like you young kids do these days, we just called each other cock suckers." I burst out laughing throughout my tears, gosh this man sure does have a way with words.

"Let me tell you a story, back when I was in the military there was this handsome looking man, my did he have the most beautiful eyes, I felt so ashamed of my feelings for him that was until one day he returned those feelings. We of course kept our relationship a secret, because it wasn't accepted then but then he wanted us to live together and be in an relationship, and the stupid man I was refused since I was so afraid, I haven't seen him since, I don't know if he is happily married, have kids, but what I do know is I deeply regret that day, so if you are serious about this guy fight for it until you can't anymore because love truly is the answer to everything, but if he still doesn't want you that boy is plain stupid because by the looks of it you clearly care a lot about him."

I take a deep inhale, thinking about what this sweet old man said. The last time I didn't fight for it instead I ran away to Oxford, and even though I enjoyed it, I always felt like a piece of me was missing, and I knew it was Max.

I know Max wouldn't cheat on me with a girl, he may act sour and like an asshole sometimes, but I know he wouldn't do that to me. Although I am definitely not in the wrong, but I will admit I should have stayed and calmly talked it out with him. I know he has severe communication problems due to his dad never letting him expressive himself.

Okay maybe we both could have handled that better.

"Thank you" I say looking at the man. " you have no idea how much I needed to hear that, you truly are an angel, first giving me good and the relationship advice." The last part causing him to let out a chuckle.

" Well I try my best, my name is Emillian by the way." What are the chances, this is actually crazy, " Do you have another name perhaps, Max, sorry if I'm invading your privacy and you don't have to answer I am just genuinely curious ?" I just have to ask.

" No, but funny enough that's my brother's name." I shake my head in disbelief, this is truly the universe, or whatever God is out there sending me a sign.

" Well I'm Alexander." I shake the man's hand. He makes me feel at peace, like reading a cozy book.

Me and Emilian talk for the next 2 hours, after hesitation from him since he doesn't want to bore a young person like me with his life story, but after letting him know I very much are interested he got to talking and didn't really stop unless it was to laugh at a side comment I made.

We exchanged numbers, well me putting my number in his phone, since I would love to talk more with him over coffee, which I learned is him favorite beverage, and thank him one more time ,before leaving Spain in 3 days, in person.

And after some random kind stranger air dropped me a picture of us two walking around the park, we said goodbye, with me thanking him and him saying it isn't necessary and he doesn't get company these days so he should be thankful for me, which I'm not going to lie caused a tear to slip out thinking about this sweet old man being lonely.

Alexander_Leclerc posted on his story

__________________________________Author here Guys I've been so sick, I'm so sorry for not writing but winter break is luckily coming up so then I will be writing more

Author here
Guys I've been so sick, I'm so sorry for not writing but winter break is luckily coming up so then I will be writing more.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter because it's so weet and I honestly love everything about it.
Love you lots❤️
_________________________________