𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘖𝘧 𝘉𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘭𝘺 𝘏𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦

Start from the beginning

"Focus," he warned.

"Right!" Hiro squeaked. "He was the last scene at the Manor, carrying Marinette. After a few minutes, Marinette is the only one who walks out, and no one's left or entered since."

"Send me the blueprint of the building, I'm going in."

Robin leaped his way onto the rooftop of the building and headed towards the elevator. It certainly seemed out of place.
Upon entering and pressing the button that led to the 3rd floor, he felt his body weight go down before shifting to left and continuing its downwards journey. This house had its tricks.

"Looks like no one's home," he scanned the unlit rooms.

The stagnant air felt so hard to breathe in. Dead roses in every vase he passed and large clamps of dust called out to him. This was Alfred's worst nightmare.

"Robin, the current house owner seems to have renovated the place. There's some sort of butterfly house and garden hidden."

Marinette did say that her playmate had a butterfly motif.

"Anything on the blueprints pertaining to the elevator."

"Looks like there's two of them, and they use the same tracks too. The second one only has one entryway, and it's in the office.

On arriving at the office, the first thing he noticed was the trail imprinted on the ground. Two sets of prints, human sized. One with cat paws centered on the sole and newer ones seemed to be a pair of heels. Both sets end at the large painting of a blonde woman with green eyes hung on the wall. Must be Adrien's mother.

Upon inspecting the painting itself, he took note of two dents and pressed down on them and vola. The door to the secret elevator opened itself up.

"I'm in," he informed Hiro.

"Great. It should lead you to the butterfly house."

When the elevator door opened, he leaned against one of the elevator walls and waited in silence. If Adrien was hiding down here, he didn't want to give off the element of surprise he currently held onto.

As Robin held back, footsteps headed towards the elevator and stopped. When he caught reflection of figure from the corner of his eye, a laser hit the back wall of the elevator door, leaving melted metal behind. The likelihood of Adrien being able to shoot out laser was low, but it was something a certain Blackfire was able to pull over.

"Come out, little blondy. I promise not to fry you that badly."

Robin narrowed his eyes and dipped lower to the ground as he released a smokebomb and ran out the elevator.
Dodging any lasers breaking through the smoke, he managed to sneak a peak at his unfriendly host.

The smoke consumes the room, and any exposed skin itches. He couldn't hear her footsteps, but the butterflies were fluttering about in panic. She was now hovering in the air, fists clenched, ready to fire a laser at the first sign of trouble. It was his move, or else the cover the smokescreen provided would make him a crouching duck.

Robin reaches across his body with his right hand and grips onto the katana's handle, the other hand holding the bottom of the handle. He squats low, draws it out, and points it in the direction of his target. With his left foot out, he charges at her. As soon as she's in range, he brings down the sword on her arm. The blade clings as the surprised Blackfire flies backward, vibrations from her short metal cuffs running up her left arm. She draws her right arm back and drives a laser at Robin, narrowly missing his head.

He parries her laser beams with ease, sidestepping any stray rays that fail to meet his blade. To close the distance between the two, he inches closer with quick slices. Enraged, the Tamaranean princess flies out of Robin's reach and focuses the energy on each hand to fire two large blasts at the boy. He lunges into the lasers before taking cover beneath his cape.

"You shouldn't go around sticking your nose into my business, Robin. My clients get easily upset," she sang.

He glanced at the two holes that were burnt into cape's fabric. She wasn't normally this strong during the daylight.

"Seems like you are getting all the sunlight you needed in the Phantom Zone. Must have been hard to fake the tan, though."

"Phantom Zone?" She questions to his surprise. For a brief moment, Blackfire's pale face wore a pained expression.

She brings her hands up to her temples, and Robin takes his chance by throwing an R shaped shuriken at her, which she instinctively blocks with one of the metal cuffs.

"I don't know what's gotten into you, Robin," she powered through the splitting headache."But when I'm done with you, the Titans will have nothing but ashes to mourn over!"

She discharged more power blast towards the floor. Each one missing their mark but getting more powerful than the last.

When he looked into her eyes, they were unfocused. What was happening to her?

"Stop messing with my head! " She shrieked, the laser blasts now coming to a halt.

"Blackfire," he called out with his sword on guard, allowing himself to reach for a small ball in his utility belt. He hurled it towards her immobile body, its shell peeling off mid way for a large capture net to entangle her.

As she struggled through the tightening grip of the threads, a black butterfly phased through the ceiling and descended onto Blackfire's cuffs, a dark mass devouring her body before she turned into purple vapor once more.

Damian ran into the evaporating smoke, cursing himself for letting get away. He lowered his blade and looked around him. Most of the butterflies are either dead or struggling to keep themselves upright with burnt wings.

Robin sighed. This was not a great start to the day.