𝐹𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑝 𝐸𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝐴𝑙𝑦𝑎. 𝑁𝑜𝑤 𝐶ℎ𝑙𝑜𝑒 𝐼𝑠 𝑀𝑦-*

One thing was becoming evidently apparent as Marinette walked into the classroom that morning

One thing was becoming evidently apparent as Marinette walked into the classroom that morning. She needed to actually sleep.

All the fun and excitement of roaming around the streets on the lookout with Damian was replaced by the stinging in her eyes, aching bones and muscle cramps. She could put blame on the miraculous itself, but something that Plagg wouldn't be so keen on hearing about.

Marinette shuffled her feet to her desk before freezing upon taking a seat. Alya. The girl took a quick glance at the spectacled teen at her side and saw her bury herself into her cellphone. This was not good.

Sure, there was bound to be some level of awkward high school drama between former best friends, but the least either one of them could do was greet each other, yet... It seemed to hurt Marinette.

Friends fight all the time. It was normal. But forgiveness was a different deal. No way, either one of them was going to fess up to apologize. Marinette thought she was ready to move on without the girl, not forget that she ever existed. Maybe that's why her face was hard to look at.

She grabbed her bag just as fast as she had initially dropped it and stood up to find another place to sit.

By some virtue of common sense, Damian happened to skip school today because he probably could afford to sleep in. That's why she decided to park her butt for the day in his seat before she would need to relocate because of his presence.

The moment she lumps over his side of the long desk, a shrill of excitement rang out

"Guess what the cat dragged in?" The smug voice bragged.

Marinette sighed as she looked up to face Chloé.

"Hey," she said through her teeth in a nervous tone as she straightened herself up. "How are you?"

"Fabulous as always," she boasted as she gave her ponytail a flick. "You look like you've been digging through the trash, but rumors have it that you were thrown in."

"How could you have known that?" Marinette narrowed her eyes on her. They literally broke off their friendship last night!

"You aren't fawning over her as you usually do. Going 'Alya, what are we going to do today? Alya, let's hang out.'
Gosh, you two were so annoying every morning."

Marinette rolled her eyes and hid her face beneath her palm.

"Don't you have something better to do?" she gritted.

"Actually, I do," the blond placed her designer clutch bag on the desk and sat beside the blue head. "Now that the paparazzi girl is yesterday's tabloid, you and I are going to become the front cover of Teen Vogue."

"I've never heard you phrase anything like that before," Marinette almost chuckled. "You almost sound knowledgeable."

"Well, don't forget that you're now my companion. The longer you stick to me, the more you get to know me."