Chapter 14: The Two Countries of The Stone World

Start from the beginning

"You're not the one who died here." Ana deadpanned. 

Lalaine patted Athena's back, "Don't mind."

"I don't even need a millimeter of this!" Senku did not take it off though. Feeling the fabric flag, he smirked at his friends, "I'm all better ready. Professor Senku's life risking self experiment was a success. The restoration abilities of the depetrification process is no joke at all!"

Taiju was extremely happy that Senku was alive now.

"Man... To think even though the petrification caused so many troubles." Taiju laughed at the turn of events, "That thanks to the petrification, you'd be healed like this!! It's like what you said back when we made soap and it all seems the more true with this petrification!"

"In a place of a doctor, we have the stone of life; Dr. Stone." Ana finished with a kind smile, "Isn't that right?"

Senku realized something after hearing what Taiju said. His eyes narrowed at his thoughts.

'He's right. Now that I think about it, it's strange. When I broke free of the petrification, everything around me was restored.'

He watched as Ana and Taiju shared high fives, both wearing grins on their faces.

'It sounds like some kind of nurturing scientific phenomenon! I've wondered all this time. Who turned humanity to stone? Who attacked us? But was this really... An 'attack'?'

That wasn't the main concern right now. He stored those thoughts at the back of his mind.

Half an hour passed in silence after that.

"Fuck you." Athena said all of a sudden at Taiju, who was surprised by this.

"WHAT DID I DO?!"

Athena shrugged her shoulders, "Nothing. Just feel like saying it." 

Lalaine only sighed at her antics.

Yuzuriha was kneeling down, holding a broken piece of a statue. 

"I wonder, if your neck could be healed, then maybe these broken statues, could also be reattached when we used some restoration formula on them! Or something like that-"

Senku stopped sweeping and cut her off.

"Ana and I tried it on some of them at first, but all that came back were broken up corpses." He put a hand on his face, "But with so much restorative power, why..."

"Yuzuriha..." Senku called out, looking at her seriously. Yuzuriha turned to him, "For that crude-minded Taiju, it'd be 10 billion percent impossible, but you, the ultra-skilled handicraft club member, you're the only one that could do this."

Yuzuriha listened closely.

"I've got a mission for you. One so difficult enough to make you wanna die. Can you do it? I mean, I can make Ana do it but I need her..." Senku cleared his throat, "To help me with my plans. I don't know her friends enough."

As soon as Senku whispered the details about the mission to her, she smiled dumbfounded. Yuzuriha started sweating, her lips quivering.

"That sounds seriously crazy rough but it'll do it. Handicrafts are all in your persistence and perseverance, after all."