Chapter 13: Winning Bid

Start from the beginning

"If I had that, I would bring it to my grave." Lalaine whispered to Athena.

"Same, bro."

"Are you still going to bid...?" Lalaine asked as she sweat nervously.

Her first bid, and she already spent billions.

"If I find something else interesting, sure."

"How much is your monthly allowance?"

"Hmm? Allowance?" Ana's amber eyes stared them down, "Why would I have a limited amount of allowance every month when I have access to the family's main funds?"

Before Lalaine and Athena could reply, the doors open once again.

"Young miss, here are your snacks and the soufflé pancake you asked for." A French-looking person appeared, they seemed to be not the same attendant Ana assigned earlier.

"Francois! Please set them on the table."

Francois worked quick on setting the snacks on the table, knowing their lady to be craving pancakes right now.

"Congratulations on getting the Gruosi Green Diamond." Francois said as they served the pancake to her.

"Thank you, Francois!" Ana cooed as she leaned closer.

Taking that as permission, Francois gently placed their gloved-hand on top of her head. Ana leaned back after a few seconds to in favor of picking up her pancake and a fork, sitting back on the couch.

"Mochi!"

Lalaine's voice made Francois turn to greet the two.

"Ah, the young lady's guests."

Guests, not friends.

'Not her... him... them, too!' Lalaine and Athena thought as they ate some mochi.

"Greetings to you two. I hope you find your stay... comfortable."

"Where's nii-chan?"

"Young Master Ryusui is currently busy with a project he's working on." Francois glanced at Ana's friends, "Would you like me to tell him to come meet your guests?"

"Do you want meet one of my brothers?" Ana asked.

"NO!" Lalaine and Athena both replied in sync.

"I mean!" Lalaine cleared her throat, "He's probably busy! We just want to hang out with you!"

"Alright then..." Ana trailed off as she wondered about their sudden outburst, "What about bhaiyya?"

Francois only smiled in silence as a reply.

Ana sighed, waving at them.

"Alright, alright. Thanks for informing me! You can go back to nii-chan." Ana grumbled as she ate her pancake.

"Thank you, young miss." Francois bowed, "Should you need anything, please don't hesitate to call for me. I am still your main butler, after all."

"I told you alreadyyy, just go to nii-chan! And yes, I'm still the main master you serve." Ana pouted playfully as she waved for Francois to just hurry to her older brother.

Francois chuckled to themselves as they exited the room.

The rest of the hour passed with small talks between her friends and without further bidding, much to Ana's mild disappointment. It was fun catching up with her friends at least.

Ana was wondering if she should enter their school just for the fun of it. Considering she gets private education exclusive for her family and going to a school outside was as easy as just paying the academy owner for her to be able to act there as she pleases, since it was a private school.