Chapter 13: Winning Bid

Beginne am Anfang

One of the attendants that Ana addressed gave her a polite bow with a small smile.

"Right away, miss."

"Here! I ordered milk tea for us! It just arrived!" Ana motioned for the drinks on the table.

"What's that? New show?" Athena asked as she plopped down on the soft couch, feeling the exhaustion from the day leaving her body.

"Oh, not a show!" Ana cheerfully said as she sat up, reaching for her smartphone, "It's a live auction."

"An actual auction?!" Lalaine awed, "What channel is it?"

"Exclusive. I was bored so when I heard about this auction, I sent a representative!"

Lalaine and Athena paused to look at her after Ana casually dropped that information.

"... Are you participating?"

"Yep!" Ana chirped as she made a call, "Hmm... I can make any color good look on me, but Green isn't my natural color. It's either Gold or Amber, or just a colorless Diamond."

"Wait, you're getting that?!" Lalaine pointed at the TV.

Athena picked up one of the milk tea and punched the straw in to drink. Just in time for the host to announce the starting bidding price.

"If you wish to bid, I will need to see your high-value paddle. Starting here at ¥900 Million-"

Athena choked on the milk tea pearls.

"-¥1 Billion now." The host said as she pointed to one of the many representatives in the auction room.

The camera switched to show the bidding representatives.

Ana's call finally went through.

"Bid on it." Ana smiled as she watched her representative raise his hand on the TV

"A ¥1.2 Billion."

"Limit?" Ana's voice had a curious tone as she spoke to the phone, "No limit, just make sure to get it! Don't be afraid now, come on! Bid, bid, bid!"

Lalaine and Athena side-eyed each other before their eyes went to the TV.

This suddenly became even more entertaining to watch when your friend is participating.

"Go, Ana!! Don't let those other people win over you!!" Lalaine cheered.

"Yeah!! Bid the highest!" Athena hollered as she took a proper sip on her drink.

"¥1.4 Billion- ¥1.8 Billion!" The host then went back to Ana's representative, "It's a ¥2 Billion! And now a ¥2.4 Billion!"

"Who the hell is that other person representing?" Ana's brows furrowed before she spoke to her phone, "Bid 2.8."

"It's ¥2.8 Billion!" The host had a bright smile on his face, "He has a bid and I am selling a ¥2.8 Billion for the Gruosi Green Diamond! Sold!!"

At the sound of the hammer, Ana cheered happily with her friends as her attendants clapped politely at her victory.

"Wait, why'd you buy it?" Lalaine asked.

"I wanted a new ring." Ana replied as she gave her friend a thumbs up, "Besides, it looks like it would last for centuries. Perfect to be the first thing I can add to the family heirloom that is actually owned by me."

"Ah, so you were looking for an item to bid for you to add there." Athena concluded.

"Jackpot! Of course it's going to be mine until the day I die or give it to someone else. I doubt I will, though." Ana grinned happily as she thanked her representative on the phone, "Thank you for your wonderful bidding! Please give the diamond to one of my attendants I sent with you so they can bring it to me now."