Chapter 18

Raven

"Where are we going?"  I ask 'Deadpool'.  Deadpool stops, and points to a police station.

"There," he tells me.

"Are you stupid?" I ask. 

"I'm the older one here. Trust me."

"I don't trust you. I would be a fool to."

"Well, that's true," he tells me.

"I know, that's why I said it." 

"You're funny, kid."

"No, I'm not. What's the plan, you moron?"

"So you're going to go in there and start crying. Since it's full of cops, they're obviously going to want to help because you're a little girl. Then, when they all huddle around you, I burst in and beat them up, and then torture one of them into giving us our location!" he says.

Is this idiot serious? There were so many things wrong with that plan that I can't even bother to name them. This man is quite possibly the stupidest person I've ever met. 

"I have a better plan," I tell him.

"Fine. Do your 'better plan'. Let's see how well it turns out," he challenges, crossing his arms. I glare and look around. There!

"Stay here, and keep out of sight," I order. I have a feeling that if they see a dude with swords and guns behind me, watching me, they're going to call the cops because they think I'm being threatened or was kidnapped. I cross the street and head towards the young couple, schooling my face to a look of innocence. 

"Hello. Can you tell me where I am?" I ask them, trying to act as sweet as I can. Hopefully they're too drunk to note what I'm wearing. According to Mother, a cloak is not normal attire on earth. The woman gasps and bends down to pinch my cheek. I have to keep from scowling. I hate it when people- strangers especially- touch me.

"Oh, she's so cute, isn't she?" the woman asks her friend. Or maybe more than friend? I don't know their relationship. I can feel a love, but it's purely one sided. I think the woman thinks this is a friend date. The man does not. He's... obsessed. His love is twisted. Evil.  I don't trust him to be alone with this woman. 

"Are you lost, kid? Do you need us to take you to the police station?" the man asks. I look to the woman.

"Yes. Can you take me?" I ask her.

"Well, sure, honey," the man says.

"Not you. Her," I snap.