Chapter 13

Natasha

The kids, Raven and Damian, amuse me. They're both so obviously in love with each other, but refuse to admit it for fear of ruining their relationship.  Like, just KISS ALREADY. God. I'm going to lock them in a closet if they don't admit it soon. Wait, Raven can teleport. I'm going to lock them in a place that neutralizes her powers to get them to admit it! Nah, that wouldn't help Damian with trusting me. The kid's actually kinda like me. We were both raised to be assassins, but then turned into good guys. Although he's totally kicking my ass by doing it when he's so much younger. 

"Your brother is late," Constantine grumbles.

"Three...two...one," Raven says. Then, the ground starts to shake. A man starts rising from the dirt in an overdramatic fashion and then- he stops and brushes the dirt off his suit? Ok, shit like that doesn't happen in movies.

"You're Raven's brother?" Garfield asks with a raised eyebrow. Black eyes narrow on the little green teenager.

"You must be Garfield," the man says, holding out his hand. "I am Sloth."

"You don't look like what I imagined Sloth would look like," Tony tells him.

"Magic. I can look however I want to look," Sloth growls.

"So you can turn into a rat?" Garfield asks, perking up.

"Why, pray tell, would I ever want to turn into a rat?" Sloth asks. 

"It's fun! See?" Garfield shifts into a rat and then scurries towards Jaime, turning back into a human next to him.

"You are a very weird child," Sloth says.

"I'll take that as a compliment. What was Raven like as a baby?" Garfield asks.

"Absolutely adorable. I have pictures. Would you like to see them?" Sloth asks.

"Yeah, obviously!" 

"No!" Raven yells. Sloth chuckles.

"Okay, okay. Geez louise kid. I was kidding," Sloth mutters.

"Did you just say 'geez louise'? How old are you?" Raven demands.

"Only a few thousand years old," he replies.

"Boomer," Garfield snorts. 

"I'm far older than your average... 'boomer', whatever that is."

"Urg, that's such a boomer thing to say," Garfield groans.