16

Clark

"Wade?!" Raven shouts, confused. The man freezes, then tilts his head towards Raven. 

"Raven? Oh my gosh, how are you here?" he asks, throwing the grenades he's holding out the window. 

"My brothers kidnapped me. This is your   universe?" Raven demands.

"Well, yeah. Duh. I told you about the Avengers, didn't I?" he asks.

"No. You have never once mentioned the Avengers. You mentioned all of your ex's and spent a full three hours complaining about that Logan dude. I trust you either f***ed him or killed him?" 

"The first thing. So? It's been so long! You're so old now!" 'Wade' says, squeezing her cheek. She scowls and hits his hand away.

"Raven? You know this moron?" Tony asks.

"Yeah. We've met."

"Oh, honey, that's an understatement. Did you work out your daddy issues?"

"Kind of. Did you work out your 'I'm so ****ing lonely because I'm so ****ing sarcastic issues'?" Rachel retorts.

"Honestly, Rae. You wound me." Wade puts his hands over his heart dramatically. I look at Damian and think to myself, it's not going to be Raven who wounds you. If this man gives one hint about wanting to hurt Raven, or if Raven gave him a sign,  I think Damian would kill him. It's both terrifying and so sweet. Also if he hurts her I'm going to beat him up. Metaphorically, of course. Well, kind of.

"Wilson," Sloth says, crossing his arms and glaring at the man.

"Lazy Pants," Wade replies, mocking Sloth's movements.

"Both of you, enough. We have bigger problems. Wade, you're a mercenary. Your prize is you don't get to be enslaved if we win. You're our new distraction," Raven says. 

"That depends. Do I get to steal SHIELD stuff?"

"Absolutely," she answers quickly.

"Do I get to commit mass genocide?"

"No."

"Do I get to blow stuff up at least?" he asks hopefully. Raven smiles.

"Yes, actually."