Chapter 1

Raven

"Where am I?" I mutter, my eyes fluttering open. Am I dead? No, I'm not lucky enough for that.

Foolish daughter! Look what you did! my father yells in my head.

"Shut up," I hiss back.

"Shh. Did you hear that?" an unfamiliar voice asks. I try to make a portal home and fail. What the...

Not even you can teleport back to your home without help, daughter, Trigon laughs.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I mutter.

"Okay, that's not just me, is it? You guys hear it too?" the voice asks. Right. Got to shut up. Huh. Normally it's me telling other people to shut up. It's weird telling myself to shut up.

"I think it came from over here," a different voice says. A moment later I hear people coming towards me. I try to make a portal anywhere. But I can't.

Free me, daughter. I can take you home and conquer this place instead of yours, Trigon offers.

I don't doubt you would conquer this place as well as where I live. And even if you wouldn't try to conquer my home, everyone here would be dead or enslaved. I'll pass. I may not know any of the people here, but I still care about whether they live or die!

Natasha

"It definitely came over here," I note. Steve nods in agreement. We fan out and look for the source. I find her. She's deathly pale, super skinny, and she has purple hair. She's sitting against a tree, eyes squeezed shut. She's wearing a sleeveless, and legless bodysuit with a belt like thing that has a red gem thing in the middle of it. She has gloves that go just past her elbows with books.

"Are you okay?" I ask her. Her eyes open quickly and she jumps up. She puts her hands up, like she's ready for an attack.

"Who are you?" she demands.

"Guys! You might want to get over here," I yell.

"Calling for backup? Most people try to take me themselves. You're smart," the girl notes.

"You have training."

"You do too," she tells me. She's what, sixteen? How much training can she have? You had already killed when you were sixteen, I remind myself.

"I don't want to fight you," I say.

"And I don't want you to. So if neither of us win, why bother?"

"What are you doing here? You shouldn't be out here. It's dangerous," I tell her.

"Where am I exactly?" the girl asks.

"What do you mean where am I? You literally had to climb a fence to get in here. A very tall fence." How did she get in here? The Avengers headquarters isn't easy to break into. Even just the mile or so surrounding it has a very difficult defense system. I definitely couldn't have broken in at sixteen. And I was a trained assassin.

"Humor me," the girl deadpans.

"Avengers headquarters. One of them anyway," I add.

"Come again?" the girl asks.

"Avengers headquarters," I repeat.

"What's Avengers?" the girl demands.

"Nat, who is that?" Wanda asks, walking next to me. She's not holding any weapons, because she is one.

"I think she's lost," I murmur.

"You don't just wander into here," Wanda snaps.

"Wanda's right, Nat," Clint says, bow raised. The girl looks at the Avengers that are gathering up beside me.

"I'm warning you. This won't end well for you, kid. Give yourself up," Tony tells her.

"Who are you people?" the girl demands.

"The Avengers."

"We've established that! What is an Avenger?" the girl snaps.

"You know. The Avengers are a team of heroes? We've saved the world a bunch of times?" Tony asks.

"What? Are you with the League? This is so like them. Creating a whole different branch and not telling anyone."

"League of what?" Tony asks.

"The Justice League?"

"What's that, a cult?" Tony guesses. The girl's eyes widen.

"What about the Teen Titans?" We all shake her head. "Outlaws? The Green Lanterns?" Is she alright?

"What about the Wayne family? Superman?" she demands.

"Who are all those people?" Wanda asks. The girl looks up at the sky and just starts shouting profanities. Such a creative blend of them too. She ends her yelling by saying, "Whosoever doing this is going to pay! You think this is a joke?!"

"Uh, this isn't just weird for me, right? We're all seeing her yell at the sky?" Tony asks. The girl shakes her head and then looks at us.

"I'm sorry, this is going to sound really weird. I'm from a different universe."